|Birth: ||Mar. 4, 1841|
|Death: ||Oct. 13, 1902|
David Anderson was not only an expert farmer but an authority on the raising of blooded horses in which he specialized. He was mustered into the Union Army as a private in Company "I", 15th Illinois Infantry, at Dixon, Illinois, March 3rd, 1865, and mustered out and honorably discharged at Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas, Sept. 16th, 1865. Saw service in North Carolina, the company making the trip south from New York City, via Cape Hatteras. David married his first wife Amanda Melvina BRIGGS on 03 July 1861. Amanada died 27 Dec 1898, burial location unknown.
He applied for an invalid's pension July 25th, 1890 and was awarded $6.00 per month, for partial disability, commencing April 3rd, 1897. On July 3rd, 1900, he married his second wife, Hannah R. Gibson, in Benton County, Ark. He died Oct. 13th, 1902 at Siloam Springs, Ark. of a paralytic stroke, his widow applying for a pension on Dec. 11th, 1902. The pension was granted at $8.00 per month and then increased to $30.00 per month, the last payment being made on April 4th, 1923. The Anderson graves are marked by a monument in a cemetery in or near Siloam Springs, Ark.
The Adjutant General's Office of the U. S. War Department in Washington, at the time of his enlistment in the army, described him as follows: Age 24 years; place of birth, Canada; occupation, farmer; eyes, hazel; hair, black; complexion, dark; height, 5 ft. 10 inches. Children of Amanda Melvina Briggs and David Anderson are:
1. George Sylvester ANDERSON b. 18 Sep 1862 in IL, d. 03 Mar 1929.
2. Elizabeth A. ANDERSON Bass, b. 11 Mar 1864 in IL, d. 28 May 1932 in Santa Barbara, CA.
3. Ulysses Grant ANDERSON, b. 16 Nov 1865 in IL, d. 17 Oct 1875 in Shell Rock, IA
4. Martha Melvina ANDERSON Thorp, b. 30 Nov 1867 in IL, d. 03 Jan 1934 in Los Angeles, CA
5. Delcino May "Della" ANDERSON Fenno, b 23 Aug 1870 in Norwood Prairie, IL, d. Sep 1939 in Los Angeles, CA
6. Ida Luella ANDERSON Dale, b. .4 Jul 1873, d. after 01 Apr 1940 in CA.
Anna Gibson Anderson (____ - 1927)
Amanda Melvina BRIGGS Anderson (1841 - 1898)*
George Sylvester Anderson (1862 - 1929)*
Elizabeth A Anderson Bass (1864 - 1932)*
Ulysses G Anderson (1865 - 1875)*
Martha Melvina Anderson Thorp (1867 - 1934)*
Della Anderson Fenno (1870 - 1939)*
Ida Luella Dale Anderson Squires (1873 - 1941)*
Oak Hill Cemetery
Plot: Block 3, Lot 30, Space unk
Created by: Susie Thompson
Record added: Sep 06, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 96629402