|Birth: ||Apr. 3, 1944|
|Death: ||Mar. 12, 2002|
..Obit::: Published in The Hartford Courant on March 15, 2002.
- Holmsie L. "Bruce" Bowen, 57, of Bloomfield, beloved husband of Lillie (Kirkland) "Sue" Bowen, died Tuesday (March 12, 2002).
- Born in Rock Hill, SC, the son of the late Rev. Lamar and Caroline Bowen, he lived in Hartford before moving to Bloomfield in 1972. He received his under graduate degree from South Carolina State University and his MBA from the University of Hartford.
- He was a member of Kappa Alphi Psi and attended Christ Church Cathedral. Mr. Bowen was employed for the past 27 years by the Travelers Insurance Co. and was an Army veteran of Vietnam War.
- Besides his wife, he is survived by his daughter, Sharese Battle of Cary, NC; four brothers, James Bowen of Haywood, CA, Lamar Bowen, Jr. of Abilene, TX, Elvin Bowen of Charlotte, NC, Charles Bowens of Severn, MD; and a sister, Frances Miller of Tuscan, AZ.
- His family will receive friends Sunday, 4-6 p.m. at the Carmon Windsor Funeral Home, 807 Bloomfield Ave., Windsor. Burial will be in Rock Hill, SC. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the UCONN Medical Center, BMT Unit, 263 Farmington Ave., Farmington, CT or to the St. Francis Hospital Cancer Center, 114 Woodland St., Hartford, CT.
SP5 US ARMY
LOVING HUSBAND ADORED DAD
Grandview Memorial Park
South Carolina, USA
Created by: Rick and Kathy Wright
Record added: Aug 29, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 57850295