|Birth: ||1580, England|
|Death: ||May 25, 1647|
Matthews: Richard Bartlett of Ernley, Sussex, England.
Richard changed his surname spelling from Barttelot to Bartlet. Later in the 1700s, descendants became Bartlett.
Peter Bartlett notes that Richard is the son of Robert Bartlett and Alice Barker. He is a brother to Robert Bartlett 1603 of Plymouth. And John 1605.
Richard would have been born 17 May 1592 Puddletown, Dorset, England.
The Bartlett Society notes that Richard is from Wiltshire, Sussex, England.
He was born in England, arrived in America in 1634,settled in Newbury, Massachusetts as a shoemaker and died there 25 May 1647. His famous Breeches Bible records the birth of his children and is in the possession of his descendants.
1. Joan, born Jan. 29, 1610, married William Titcomb before 1640.
2. John, born Nov. 9, 1613, died Feb. 5, 1678.
3. Thomas, born Jan. 22, 1615.
4. Richard, born Oct. 31, 1621.
5. Christopher, born Feb. 25, 1623, died March 15, 1669.
6. Anne, born Feb. 26, 1625.
John Bartlett (1613 - 1678)*
Richard Bartlet (1621 - 1698)*
Christopher Bartlett (1624 - 1669)*
First Burying Ground
Maintained by: margaret
Originally Created by: Frank Grimes
Record added: Sep 10, 2002
Find A Grave Memorial# 6768951