|Birth: ||Apr. 17, 1755|
|Death: ||Mar. 13, 1832|
He enlisted (1) in 1775 in Capt. Elisha Benedicts company, Col Goose Van Schaick's NY regiment and served till the spring or summer of 1776; (2) was Sergeant in Capt. William McCune's company, Col. Seth Warner's Continental regiment known as the "Green Mountain Boys", Dec. 4, 1776, became Quartermaster Sergeant July 1, 1777 and Ensign Aug. 14, 1778, in the same regiment, which participated in the battles of Hubbardton July 7, 1777 and of Bennington Aug 16, 1777. He was taken prisoner Apr. 11, 1780 at Fort George, NY, paroled and returned home, remaining unexchanged till the end of the war.
m Elizabeth High
- Mary Ann Barrett m Chesterfield Pearson
- Katherine Barrett m Josiah Rogers
- Elizabeth Barrett (1793-1874) m Seth Shaw (1788-1848)
He applied for a pension Apr. 11, 1818 and his claim was allowed; his widow also was allowed a pension on application executed Sept. 13, 1836 while a resident of Orleans, NY.
- Lineage book, Volume 14 By Daughters of the American Revolution
- Lineage book, Volumes 37-38 By Daughters of the American Revolution (1901)
- Application for Membership in the Massachusetts Society of the Sons of the American Revolution
Elizabeth High Barrett (1760 - 1843)*
Created by: LadyGoshen
Record added: Aug 28, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 75621587
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.