|Birth: ||Jul. 2, 1794|
|Death: ||Feb. 10, 1859|
Born in Washington County, Maryland s/o Alexander Boteler, Sr. and Elizabeth Hackney Philpott Boteler. [Elizabeth was the widow of Benjamin Philpott s/o Barton and Martha (Musgrave) Philpott.] Benjamin Boteler was given land in Lincoln County, Tennessee by his father in 1825.
Benjamin was a merchant in Morgan, Summerville, Alabama in 1850.
Benjamin Uriah married (1) Eliza Harley in 1817 in Frederick, Md. His second marriage was to Elizabeth Avangeli Hague in 1829 in Tennessee. She was born in 1813 in Tennessee and died before 1850. She was the d/o James Hague Jr.
Benjamin Uriah was the father of the following 8 known children. There may have been others:
1. Dr. William Elexander Boteler, born Oct 20, 1822, died Aug 14 1904, buried Christ Reformed Church Cem in Frederick, Middletown, MD.He married Maria Sidney Hughes in 1851.Their 3 children in 1870 were; William C., Mary Lee 6 & Laura F. 4.
2. Matilda O. Boteler,born 1823. She married unknown Haines. She was living with her widowed father in 1850 with a son Benjamin D. Haines, age 3.
3. Thomas Boteler
4. James Hague Boteler, age 19 in the 1850 census
5. Marcus A. Boteler, age 17 in 1850
6. Benjamin Barton Boteler, age 15 in the 1850 census.
7. Mary Martha Boteler, age 13 in 1850
8. Robert H. Boteler, age 11 in 1850
Robert Foster Boteler (1839 - 1919)*
Birdie Boteler (1885 - 1969)*
Jasper Memorial Cemetery
Maintained by: Find A Grave
Originally Created by: Loye Philpott Roach
Record added: Sep 03, 2007
Find A Grave Memorial# 21340103