|Birth: ||Feb. 11, 1930|
|Death: ||Nov. 26, 1988|
San Mateo County
died of cancer.
Born on the island of Lanai where his father worked as a foreman on the pineapple plantation. He:
* was number 12 of 13 children, 11 of whom grew to adulthood.
* loved school and quit to support his mother after his father died. Finished later.
* was in the US Air Force, stationed at Burtonwood in Lancashire, England during the early 50s.
* married an English girl in 1952 and brought her back to the States in 1954.
* worked for 30+ years at United Air Lines, first as a jet engine mechanic and then as a white-collar 747 engine expert (although to be honest, he hated wearing suits, perferring to be barefoot, wearing an aloha shirt).
Although he grew up in the Hawaiian Islands, he hated sea food and could not swim.
Hobbies: bookbinding, collecting stamps & coins. Was learning classical guitar.
Arthur Conan Doyle was his favorite author and he collected Sherlock Holmes mysteries, many in the original serials in The Strand magazine.
Loved music, especially Herb Alpert's Tiajuana Brass and, later, the BeeGees (Saturday Night Fever). I remember he always kept the beat on the steering wheel or on the top of the car while he drove.
He instilled in his children patience, a desire to follow our hearts and a deep love of books and music.
Joseph de Mello Botelho (1882 - 1944)
Louisa M Canno Botelho (1889 - 1963)
Lucille DeMello Paul (1915 - 1995)*
Richard Mello Botelho (1930 - 1988)
Cremated, Ashes given to family or friend.
Specifically: Dad's ashes are, at the moment, kept by me.
Created by: emersunrose
Record added: Feb 04, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 65189283
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.