|Birth: ||May 2, 1844|
In youth he attended the local school, later being a pupil at the high schools of Canton, Britton's Mills and North Livermore, Maine. After completing his education, he taught in the schools of Hartford and Livermore, Maine. In 1866 he went west across the plains, at the time being a typical cowboy, afterward "trying his luck" at gold mining in the headwaters of the Arkansas river. Returning to Maine, after an exciting life, he settled on the old homestead, where he has since lived, and where his children were born. He is an educated, intelligent man, whom it is a pleasure to meet, and who is highly respected in the community. His estimable wife is a sharp, bright lady, well informed, and as hospitable as is possible to be.
Married Betsey Augusta Goddard.
* Ephraim Tilson Goding, b. Feb. 8, 1871; m. Feb. 29, 1890 to Flora E. Poland.
* Mary Augusta, b. Dec. 6, 1872; m. Oct. 7, 1888 to Willis E. Glover.
* George Thatcher, b. Jan. 26, 1875; m. first on Nov. 16, 1902 to Cora S. Jones; and secondly on July 2, 1904 to Gladys York.
* Luella Jane, b. April 13, 1878; m. Dec. 18, 1895 to Elmer H. York.
* Arthur Daniel, b. April 13, 1881; m. April 3, 1901 to Martha A. Hodge.
* Alice Florilla, b. March 8, 1883; m. Feb. 16, 1899 to Harry Palmer Cook.
* Clarence Floyd, b. July 3, 1885. Unmarried.
* Kate Leone, b. Feb. 18, 1888; m. March 26, 1905 to Bernard H. Smith.
Betsey Augusta Goddard Goding (1851 - ____)*
Alice Florilla Goding Cook (1883 - 1964)*
Created by: HaleyCookFromMaine, With...
Record added: Jun 12, 2013
Find A Grave Memorial# 112177273