|Birth: ||Feb. 24, 1846|
|Death: ||May 1, 1918|
Jesse Tatum "Tate" Fullilove was born on 23 February 1846 in Newnan, Coweta County, Georgia, to Ludwell Nathaniel Fullilove Junior (1814-1885) & Elcy Rousseau Freeman (1822-1910).
He married Charlotte Annabelle "Anna" Gable on October 10, 1867, in Coweta County, Georgia.
Tate and Anna's daughter, Iula Fullilove (1873-1954), was our paternal grandmother. She married Jesse Warner Davis (1871-1949) on 24 January 1889. They would have five children.
Anna, Popie Virginia, and Lillie Pope were laid to rest next to Tate at the Ranburne Cemetery.
John "Tate" Fullilove was a co-owner of Reid & Fullilove Blacksmith & Garage on the corner of East Commerce Street. & Burson Aveune, in Bowdon, Georgia. Tate was elected, and served at least, one term, as mayor of Bowdon in 1897.
- Enlisted 04 March 1862, and served with the Coweta Volunteers, Company "A", 41st Georgia Regiment, for a period of 3 years;
- Enrolled by CAPT. JARED E. STALLINGS of Coweta County, Georgia;
- Appears on (the) Bounty Pay Roll, at Camp McDonald, on 29 March 1862 in Newnan, Coweta County, Georgia;
- Bounty for re-enlisting: $50.00 (fifty dollars);
- Appears on the company muster roll for November & December 1863. Present or Absent? Present;
- Last paid 01 November 1863, for period from date of enlistment to 01 November 1863. By Captain Abraham (?);
- Remarks: Compensation due paid 08 October 1863, in the amount of $134.134;
Tate was captured on 16 May 1863 by Union forces in Kentucky. He was eventually transferred to Camp Douglas, Chicago, Illinois; known as "Eighty Acres of Hell". Tate was at the camp from late May 1863 until its closure in June 1865.
He signed an Oath of Alligance in late June 1865 and "Paroled" (released) to his home at Newnan, Coweta County, Georgia.
John Tatum was among several members of his family members who were also captured. This included, Tate's future brother-in-law, Dr. Noah Wesley Gable MD, who volunteered his services and accepted as post doctor, by the Union commanding officer at Camp Douglas
Other members of the of the Fullilove and Gable family members were also captured, along with Tate and Wesley, and transferred to Camp Douglas: Joseph Edwin Gable; John Jacob Gable; John T. Tillery and George Arthur Bell were all with the 41st Regiment, Georgia Volunteers. John Tatum married Charlotte Annabelle Gable and George Arthur Bell would marry Sarah "Sally" Gable.
Family lore states that "being poor and having no funds by which to buy a ring, Tate melted down two silver "dimes", to present to Anna Gable, as her wedding ring.
Edited: 13 July 2015
Charlotte Annabelle Gable Fullilove (1845 - 1935)*
Popie V Fullilove (1868 - 1871)*
Popie Virginia Fullilove (1868 - 1871)*
Nancy Louisa Fullilove Hanson (1871 - 1956)*
Mary Elsie Fullilove Williams (1876 - 1915)*
Lillie Pope Fullilove (1880 - 1882)*
Lillie Pope Fullilove (1880 - 1886)*
Ranburne First Baptist Church Cemetery
Maintained by: Scot Lady
Originally Created by: Jim Fullilove
Record added: Jul 24, 2006
Find A Grave Memorial# 15032674