|Birth: ||Jan. 4, 1833|
|Death: ||Nov. 29, 1912|
The third of at least nine children born to John Sr and Mary (Goodman) Harrington, Silas married Frank Turpin on 20 Apr 1862 in KY.
Children with Frank:
1) Alexander Harrington (b: 1863), m: Dora Ellen Adams.
2) James "Gog" Harrington (b: 1865), m: Dixie (maiden unkn).
3) Adeline "Doll" Harrington (1866-1937), m: Ollie Board.
4) John "Buck" W Harrington (b: 1868)
5) Edna Harrington (1869-1918), m: Curtis A Sallee.
6) Washington Harrington (b: 1870)
7) Ellen Harrington (b: 1871), m: Mr Seymour.
8) Elizabeth "Betty" Harrington (b: 1873), m: Mr Board.
9) Silas Harrington Jr (b: 1875)
10) Jeanette "Nettie" Harrington (b: 1876), m: Jesse Weatherholt.
11) Louisa Harrington (b: 1877), m: Leslie W Givan.
12) Margaret Harrington (b: 1879
Above birth years on some children were based on ages as listed on the 1880 Census record. At the time of this census, the family lived in Custer, Breckinridge Co KY. Researching to determine when they moved to Hardin Co.
Silas was a farmer. He is my son's 3rd paternal Gr-Grandfather through his daughter Adeline "Doll" (Harrington) Board (1866-1937).
Many thanks to Keith for family pictures and information and thanks as well to James Richards for the tombstone picture. Also, so many thanks to Dan Harrington for new information.
Note: The birth year is per his Death Certificate.
Frank Turpin Harrington (1842 - 1926)*
Adeline Harrington Board (1866 - 1937)*
Pleasant View Cemetery (East)
Maintained by: Bonnie's Daughter
Originally Created by: James Richards
Record added: Sep 06, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 58278750