|Death: ||Feb. 9, 1865|
Edmund Riley Brantley (CSA) , born ca 1822 in Georgia. He married there, Sarah A. Lingo, daughter of Richard Taliaferro Lingo and Lucinda Humphries. The family was in Panola County, Mississippi in 1850, but had move back east to Henry County, Alabama by 1856. Edmund served in the Confederacy and died toward the end of the war on February 9, 1865 at Camp Morton, IL.
Civil War Record: Enlisted Henry Co AL Mar 8, 1862
Regimental Unit: 15th Alabama Company Unit: G
Gen Hospital Camp Winder VA Sep 26, 1862
Captured Chatt TN Oct 29, 1863 Exchanged D Nov 4, 1863
List of prisoners that died at Camp Morton and buried in Crown Hill Cemetery. Died Feb 9, 1865 -- Inflammation of the Lungs
Sarah married Eli Horne in 1869. She reportedly died May 15, 1906 in Pike County, Alabama. Edmund and Sarah issued the following known children: (Major source Lingo Record)
(1) William Rufus Brantley, born ca 1845 in GA. He also served in the civil war as a Confederate soldier and was killed on Jun 22, 1864 while charging breastworks.
(2) Eugenia E. Brantley, born Mar 22, 1848 in GA. She married Wm J. Blackwell on Aug 29, 1867 in Henry Co, AL. They seem to be the same family in Dale Co, AL in 1880. Children then:
(a) Annie Blackwell, born ca 1868 in Alabama
(b) Clifton Blackwell, born ca 1869 in Alabama
(c) Diller Blackwell, born ca 1871 in Alabama
(d) Dada Blackwell, born ca 1873 in Alabama
(e) Lucinda Blackwell, born ca 1879 in Dale Co, Alabama.
(3) Lucinda Brantley, born 1850 in Panola Co, MS. She apparently died before 1860.
(4) Frances Elizabeth Brantley, born Jul 14, 1856 in Henry Co, AL. She married Spencer W. Wright Jr. on Sep 6, 1874 in Alabama. He was reportedly the son of Spencer Wright Sr. and Nancy Harrell. They were in Henry Co, Alabama in 1880 and Dale Co, Alabama in 1900. Frances was still living there in 1930 with dtr Tommie Curry. Spencer died there Oct 2, 1903. They issued the following children.
(a) Levinia (Luda) Wright, born Apr 28, 1876 in Alabama; died Aug 9, 1914. She married M.C. Brudeshaw
(b) Minnie B. Wright, born Jun 18, 1877 in Alabama; died Oct 12, 1912. She married J. O. Roberts
(c) Zodie Bell Wright, born July 27, 1878 in Henry Co, Alabama. She married G. W. Tice
(d) Robert Emette Wright, born Jan 8, 1880 in Henry Co, Alabama. He married Annie Hall in 1911
(e) Martin Luther Wright, born Nov 9, 1881, in Henry Co, Alabama. He married Lela Johnson on Aug 10, 1902
(f) Emma Eula. Wright, born Aug 7, 1883 in Alabama. She married W. P. Clark
(g) Anna MeGhee Wright, born Apr 22, 1887 in Alabama. She married A. C. Daniel
(h) Otty Virginia Wright, born Apr 9, 1889 in Alabama. She married E. L. Hardin
(i) Jammie F. Wright, born Apr 29, 1891 in Alabama. She married W. H. Norton
(j) Tommie Tuloula Wright, born Feb 17, 1893 in Alabama. She married William W. Curry
(k) Ruby Lee Wright, born Nov 9, 1894 in Alabama. She married Dr. H. S. Stallings.
(5) Salina Virginia Brantley, born ca 1859 in Henry Co, AL. She married Nov 9, 1876, Joseph R. Blanton. They were in Dale Co, in 1880. Salina was a widow, living in Pike Co, AL in 1900. Their children were:
(a) Redden Blanton, born ca 1879 in Alabama; died April 13, 1915 in Montgomery, AL. He married Vennie Skinner.
(b) Thomas Blanton, born Nov 1883 in Alabama.
(c) Exalee Blanton, born Oct 1895 in Alabama.
(6) James Elijah Brantley, born ca 1861 in Henry Co, AL;. He married Tallie Palmer. They were in Dale Co, AL from 1900 on. James died there in Sep 1938. Tallie died there Nov 25, 1951. Their children were:
(a) Carrie Brantley, born Dec 1892 in Alabama.
(b) John Riley Brantley, born Mar 15, 1895 in Alabama.
(c) James Marvin Brantley, born Feb 17, 1898 in Dale Co, Alabama; died there in Oct 2, 1929.
(d) Vera Mae Brantley, born ca 1900 in Dale Co, Alabama.
(e) General Emmitt Brantley, born ca 1902 in Dale Co, Alabama.
(f) Brady Brantley (twin), born Mar 24, 1907 Dale Co, Alabama. He seems to have been dead by 1920.
(g) Grady Brantley (twin), born Mar 24, 1907 in Dale Co, Alabama.
(h) Rufus Odell Brantley, born ca 1910 in Dale Co, Alabama.
Frances Elizibeth Brantley Wright (1856 - 1940)*
PVT. CO. G. 15th INF. (Alabama)
Note: married Sarah Lingo
Crown Hill Cemetery
Plot: Confederate Burial
Created by: In Loving Memory Of My B...
Record added: Oct 08, 2003
Find A Grave Memorial# 7960432