|Birth: ||Apr. 14, 1727|
|Death: ||May 16, 1810|
FATHER: Isaac Isham
MOTHER: Abigail Lumbert
WIFE: Abigail Crocker
1. Daniel, b. June 22, 1751; m. Rhoda Lord.
2. Dimmis, b. Aug. 26, 1753; m. Samuel Tyler.
3. Martha, b. July 21, 1756; m. Daniel Day.
4. Joshua, b. July 6, 1758; m. Martha Hosford.
5. Jirah, b. Apr. 27, 1760; m. Lois Kellogg.
6. Abigail, b. May 6, 1762; m. first Levi West; m. Second William Isham.
7. Joseph, b. Mar. 23, 1764; m. Alice Anderson.
8. Mary Isham, (twin) b. Mar. 23, 1764, m. Dr. Elisha Baker.
9. Isaac Crocker, b. July 28, 1770; m. Mary Coleman.
10. Sylvester, b. June 27, 1774.
Joshua Isham came to St. George from Colchester, CT., and made the first settlement there in 1784. He married Abigail Crocker about 1750. She was the daughter of Isaac Crocker and Elizabeth Fuller.
Joshua Isham, a drummer, enlisted Apr. 11, 1758, in the Third Company, Major and Capt. Joseph Spencer's, of the Second Regiment, commanded by Col. Nathan Whiting. Discharged Nov. 18, 1758 (French and Indian War Rolls, Collections of Connecticut Historical Society).
The births of his children are not recorded in East Haddam or Colchester. The dates here given are from a Bible owned by the late George Brewster of Irasburg, Vt., which was once Joshua Isham's Bible. The eight older children were baptized at Hadlyme 1754-1764.
An Index of the Isham's in England and America, Compiled by Edward Paul Isham, Nov. 1984. (Pages 106-107.) There is additional information on this family in this book.
Portions of this book have been taken from "A Survey of the Isham's in England and America, by Homer W. Brainard, 1938, Tuttle Publishing Company, Rutland, VT.
Daniel Isham (1751 - 1841)*
In memory of Mr. Joshua Isham, who died May 16, 1810. In his 84th year.
Saint George Village Cemetery
Created by: Melody Edwards
Record added: Jan 13, 2007
Find A Grave Memorial# 17419463