|Birth: ||Feb. 2, 1880|
|Death: ||Jun. 2, 1944|
Leora is my maternal Gr-Grandmother through her daughter Flora Dorset (Clevenger) Warfield (1902-1983).
The daughter of James "Jerry" Wilson Jamison and Sarah Jane Frondorf of Franklin Co IN, Leora married:
1) Henry Newton "Newt" Levi on 18 Nov 1895 in Rush Co IN; they divorced in 1900. They had two children, a son and a daughter.
2) Ira Clevenger Sr on 22 Sep 1901 in Rush Co IN; they divorced in 1917. They had seven children, five sons and two daughters, the oldest is my Grandmother Flora.
3) Asa "Ace" Swords on 13 May 1918 in Hancock Co IN; no children.
Indiana Marriages 1800-1941:
"Henry Newton LEVI, Leora RANDOLPH (sic); 18 Nov 1895 Rush Co IN"
Children with Newt:
1) Ernest Levi Sr (1896-1942)
2) Gladys Levi (1900-1901)
Indiana Marriages 1800-1941:
"Ira CLEVENGER, Leora RANDOLPH(sic) LEVI; 22 Sep 1901; Rush Co IN" (Divorce filed 8 Jan 1916)
Children with Ira Sr:
1) Flora Dorset Clevenger Warfield (1902-1983)
2) Irene Clevenger (1903-1904)
3) Infant Son Clevenger (1905-1905) (twin)
4) Ira "Jud" Clevenger Jr (1905-1968) (twin)
5) Theodore "Doe" R Clevenger (1906-1954)
6) Edmond Clevenger (b & d: abt 1908)
7) John Clevenger (1909-1909)
Indiana Marriages 1780-1992:
"Groom's Name: Asa U Swords
Bride's Name: Lena B Clenenger (sic)
Marriage Date: 13 May 1918
Marriage Place: Hancock, Indiana
Groom's Father's Name: Robert Swords
Groom's Mother's Name: Lulu Hall
Bride's Father's Name: Jerrey Jinison (sic)
Bride's Mother's Name: Sarah J. Frondorple (sic)
Groom's Marital Status:
Groom's Previous Wife's Name:
Bride's Marital Status:
Bride's Previous Husband's Name:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M01142-8
System Origin: Indiana-EASy
Source Film Number: 1302737
Reference Number: 157"
The Death Certificate issued in Marion Co IN for Leora states her birth date as Feb 1, 1880. She died of Liver Cancer.
Leora was six feet tall, with beautiful thick hair down to her waist and beautiful blue eyes. I have always wished I could have known her. Rest in Peace dearest Grandma, you will always be remembered.
Note: No tombstone. A planter was placed on Leora's grave by her Granddaughter Margaret Catherine (Warfield) Ross. Leora is buried between the graves of William O. P. Gard and Robert Baker. So many special thanks to Shannon for the pictures of my Gr-Grandma's gravesite.
James Wilson Jamison (1848 - 1916)
Sarah Jane Frondorf Schockley (1860 - 1934)
Henry Newton Levi (1857 - 1907)
Ira Clevenger (1856 - 1921)
Asa N Swords (1878 - 1951)
Ernest Levi (1896 - 1942)*
Gladys Levi (1900 - 1901)*
Flora Dorset Clevenger Warfield (1902 - 1983)*
Irene Clevenger (1903 - 1904)*
Ira Clevenger (1905 - 1968)*
Infant Son Clevenger (1905 - 1905)*
Theodore R Clevenger (1906 - 1954)*
John Clevenger (1909 - 1909)*
Lewis Frances Jamison (1880 - 1965)**
Leora Bell Frondorf Swords (1880 - 1944)
Flora Jamison Drennen (1883 - 1947)**
Grace Mae Jamison Hobbs (1892 - 1948)**
Note: No tombstone, but there is a stone pot with flowers.
East Hill Cemetery
Plot: Section 12
Created by: Bonnie's Daughter
Record added: Feb 17, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 48254193