|Birth: ||Apr. 19, 1793|
Margaret Rebecca "Peggy" Eckroate born Eckenroth is the daughter of Christian Eckenroth (3) and Mary Magdalen (Schlosser) Eckenroth
Margaretha Rebecca "Peggy" Eckroat born Eckenroth was the daughter of Christian Eckenroth3(Peter2,John1) and Maria Magdalen Schlosser. She was the wife of Daniel Eckroat. (She was also his 2nd cousin once removed). See bio: Daniel Eckroate
Daniel and Margaretha Rebecca "Peggy" children are:
1. George B. ECKROATE brn. 1818 Married Appalonia (Abbe)____?She was brn. 1824 and George died around Sept./Oct. 1838-40 (Appalonia had a child named Margaret Christina Eckroat on February 23 1841) (father not named) at St. Clement's Catholic Church, Navarre, OH; Sponsers: Daniel and Margaret Eckroat. Appalonia/Abbe Eckroat lived with Daniel and Margaret Eckroat until she remarried on 8th of Jan. 1846 to Jacob Bartholomew. She had four other children with Jacob Bartholomew.
2. Stephan, ECKROATE brn. 1819 PA -24 Mar. 1873 married 1st 11 Aug 1842 Margaretha Magdaline Young (Jung) 1821.Jung was buried on July 15th at the Evangelical and Reformed (formerly German Lutheran and Reformed Church in Navarre,OH.) Stephen had 8 children by Margaretha Magdaline, all died but 2, one named Adaline. On his second marriage he marred Mary Leon brn. 1833 of Germany. He had 5 children by Mary and raised four children
Mary and Peter Saal had one daughter named Emma Matilda brn. 1878 OH. the daughter had married C. White
Mary Eckroate Saal born Leon is buried under the name (Mary Saal) See bio: Stephan Eckroate
3. Mary Catharine (Eckroate) brn. PA married Gregory Biddle brn. PA Born July 11th 1814. She died April 17th 1852 in Navarre, Ohio, St. Clement's Cemetery.
4. Daniel ECRKOATE brn. 1826 PA baptized July 16th 1826, Sponsors: George Kircher and Elizabeth Horlacher (Records of Friedens Union Lutheran and Reformed Church"- In Ohio he married Agnes Shanabrusch on 13th Jan. 1859 Agnes died 4th July 1912 in PA (Daniel was about 6/7 years old when they moved to Bethlehem Twp. Stark, Co., OH.) He died in Dec. 1876
5. Jacob D. ECKROATE brn.1828-29 Lucerne, PA 9th Dec. 1890 died on June 13 1853 in Nebraska married at St. Clements Catholic Church to Barbara Kleis 1829 Barbara died on 9th Jan 1880. See bio: Jacob D. Eckroate
6. William ECKROATE brn. 27 Jan. 1832 Bethlehem Township Stark Co., OH -22 Apr. 1903 He married Elizabeth Keller born Nov. 1832. They moved to Jackson Twp. about 1862 and had ten children: Louis Francis,Eva Emalina,Josiah/Joseph Sylvester,John L., William Edward,Jacob Austin, Charles B. Mary J., George H., and one not identified.
7. Appolonia(Wife of George B.) She remarried Jacob Bartholomew in 1846. but was with Child Feb. 1841 of George. (She stayed with Daniel and Margaret Rebecca )
8. Granddaughter-Margaret Christina brn. 1841 (The daughter of the late George Eckroat and Appolonia.)
Margaretha Rebecca "Peggy"(4) was born from Christian Eckenroth's(3) second wife Maria Magdalen Eckenroth born Schlosser.
Margareth Rebecca's mother was the sister of Christian's first wife; Catherine Anna Eckenroth born Schlosser.
When Margaret Rebecca "Peggy"'s father passed away in Mifflin Twp. Columbia county, PA between 9 and 22 November 1817, he left a will. It stated that that Christian(3) owned at least 440 acres of land which he bequeathed 140 acres to his two sons equally (Christian(4) and Peter(4); and 50 acres each to his five daughters and one son-in-law (300 acres). The will identifed all seven of the children of Christian(3) naming them according to the custom of the time in two groups males first followed by females and within each group by order of birth; sons Christian and Peter; daughters; Elizabeth Polly, Peggy (Margareth), Mary, and Catherine.
Margaretha Rebecca "Peggy"Eckenroth 4 (Christian Eckenroth 3, John Peter Eckenroth 2, Johannes Eckenroth (1).
Daniel Eckroth 3, (George Eckroth 2, Johannes Henricus Eckeroth 1(Eggerode)brn. 18 MAR 1721. Please note: John H. Eckenroth (1)'s father may be that of Johannes Petrus Ickerodt brn. 1700.
Please note: The family Surname has been written as "Eckrode" or "Eckerodt" but noted that Eckroate was used when the "d" was cross later to form what appears Eckroate instead of the earlier use of Eckrode or Eckrodt.
Please view Christian Eckenroth's name for futher information on this family.
Please note: Margaretha Rebecca "Peggy" Surname has been spelled: Ickerodt/Eckerodt/Eckenroth/Eckenroth/Eckroad/Eckroate/Eckroat
Please note: Margaretha's husbands Surname has been spelled:Eggerode/Eckerode/Eckrode/Eckroth/Eckroate/Eckroat
Christian Eckenroth (1751 - 1817)
Daniel Eckroate (1794 - 1864)*
Mary Catharine Eckroate Biddle (1814 - 1852)*
Stephan Eckroate (1819 - 1873)*
Jacob D. Eckroate (1828 - 1890)*
Christian Eckenroth (1787 - 1847)*
Peter Eckenroth Eckrote (1790 - 1848)*
Margaretha Rebecca Eckenroth Eckroate (1793 - 1850)
Mary Eckenroth Eckroate (1801 - ____)*
Saint Clements Cemetery
Plot: She may be buried in East Union Lawn cemetery nearby
Created by: Joseph
Record added: Jan 21, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 24083661