|Birth: ||Dec. 10, 1987|
|Death: ||Mar. 18, 2000|
Tyler, 12, died at Hoag Memorial Hospital in Newport Beach a day after inhaling air freshener fumes from an aerosol can. Tyler's great-grandmother had gone to the bathroom door of her Huntington Beach home to check on him after hearing a loud thump like someone had fallen. Unable to open the locked door she called paramedics who found him unconscious and were unable to revive him. Nearby they found a can of disinfectant and air freshener, which they believe the boy was using to get high. The practice is known as 'huffing'.
Tyler was described as an affectionate son who cared for his sisters and was generous with his emotions. "He came home every day, and he always called," his mother said. "He always told me he loved me, even in front of his friends. . . . I thought I was the luckiest mom in the world.". His mother also said she had tried to educate her son about alcohol and illegal drugs like marijuana. "We talked openly . . . but I'd never heard of 'huffing,' "
School officials at Vista View Middle School, where Tyler attended as a sixth-grader, recalled him as hard-working, decent and much enamored of sports. "He was a real nice kid and a handsome young man," said the school principal. "He had real potential and was really working hard to improve himself." Tyler's stepfather said that Tyler loved basketball, soccer and football, and wanted to be a professional football player or money manager. Math was his favorite academic subject. "He was a boy who portrayed himself as an adult" by taking care of others, he said.
Tyler's in the ocean
Tyler's in the sea
Tyler's up in heaven
Watching over me...
Pacific View Memorial Park
Corona del Mar
Plot: Ashes scattered in the Pacific Ocean
Maintained by: Find A Grave
Originally Created by: Louis M.
Record added: Oct 17, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 78621332