1800-1820 Philip Cook obtained government land 31st May, 1817, Range 5, Township 14 and Section 26 in Washington Twp, Carroll County and it states that he came from Washington Co, PA. The 1850 census, however, lists that he was from VA.
They are in the 1840 Washington Twp, Carroll Co, census, p 256, one male and one female both 50-60.
They are in the 1850 Carroll Co, OH census. Philip is 70, farmer, $3000, VA. Elizabeth is 62 born in PA. Living with them is Susannah Dayhuff, 16, F, OH.
Philip and Elizabeth sold land to Robert Moffett in Washington Township, Carroll Co, 20th Dec 1858 (SE 1/4 Section 34 Township 14, Range 5) for $3500.
The division of her estate in Carroll Co, OH is a vital piece of information for sorting out the Stouts. She was apparently quite sick and needed attention when she before she died. The papers clearly denote money paid to take her on trips including one to Daniel Stout who is identified as her brother. The estate was not settled 1881 when the people listed below petitioned to have it finally distributed. The item is in Probate Docket Vol D (1860-1876) but one date is 1881 in a different pen style.
Elizabeth Cook's final estate settlement is divided into five parts as follows:
1. David Stout (1/5) $137.14
2. Daniel A. Stout (1/5)
3. George W. Stout (1/5)
4. 1/5 divided among (Benjamin Toalson, William Toalson, Joseph Toulson, Sarah Shaw, Mary Ann Barber, Alnetta Toulson, Rebecca Fallon, Nancy Ann Toulson) - these are clearly the children of Elizabeth Stout and William Toalston.
5. 1/5 divided among (Susan Trogler now Bolon, Elizabeth Marietta, John J. Stout, Rebecca Smith, Joseph Stout, William B. Stout, Nancy A. Reeder) - these are clearly the children of Jacob and Sarah Ann Toalston Stout.
1. David Stout (1822-1890, FAG #106849325)
2. Daniel A. Stout (c 1789-1871, FAG #40897262)
3. George W. Stout (1818-1913, FAG #60218115). George was my 3g-grandfather. On his memorial is a letter he wrote to his daughter Mary stating that his sister Lisbet Toalston had died and now there was only he and David alive.
4. These are the children of Elizabeth Stout Toalston (1822-1879, FAG #22967251) and William Toalston
5. These are the children of Jacob Stout (1810-1852, FAG #106897967) and Sarah Toalston.
6. Elizabeth Stout Cook (1790-1868)
The obvious conclusion is that these six are siblings. Two (Daniel and Elizabeth Cook) were born about 1790 while the others were born 1810-1822. Moreover, there are two Elizabeth - Cook and Toalston.
Philip Cook (1781 - 1862)
Note: Information taken from "Tombstone Inscriptions & Family Records of Carroll Co., OH by Esther W. Powell
Maintained by: Kingfisher
Originally Created by: Git `Er Dug
Record added: Jan 09, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 63985167
Her estate papers are dynamite and identify siblings including my 3g-grandfather George.|
Added: Mar. 20, 2013
Git `Er Dug
Added: Jan. 9, 2011