|Birth: ||Jan. 9, 1782|
|Death: ||Apr. 1, 1874|
James was the son of : James(1731-) and Jean (Lapsley) Cloyd'
He was the youngest child of his family. They moved from Virginia to Indiana when he was young. They moved on to Kentucky. He was in Garrard County, Kentucky, in 1817. He later moved to Kenton County, Kentucky until 1852 when he moved to Pike County, Missouri, until 1865. His last move was to Decatur Illinois.
He married Mrs. Sally (Gates) Lillard 7-29-1811.
He was a farmer, a Whig and a member of the Christian Church.
1. Joseph (b. 5-2-1812) m. Miss Morton
2. Nancy (b. 1-21-1815) m. James Gregg
3. David Jamison (b. 8-15-1817) m. Mary Ann Roberts.
4. Mary Jane (b. 3-6-1820) m. Thomas. C. Cloudas.
5. Sarah Woods (b. 6-30-1822) m. Walter J. Van Horn.
6. James Crow (b. 7-9-1825)
7. James Preston (b. 8-3-1827) m. (1) Dorinda Fennel (2) Sarah Ellen Forrest on 10-9-1877.
David J. Cloyd (1817 - 1886)*
Note: Cloyd-Gates monument
Created by: kpet
Record added: Jan 20, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 46906890