|Birth: ||Jun. 28, 1868|
|Death: ||Feb. 15, 1945|
TX Death Certificate #9220 states:
(1) PERSONAL: Mr. C. F. Dye of 1414 Barton Springs Rd., Austin, Travis Co., TX
(2) OCCUPATION: Retired Farmer
(3) DOB: 28 June 1868 in Indiana & DOD: 15 February 1945 Austin, Travis Co., TX.
(4) PARENTS: W. H. Dye born in Kentucky & Eliza E. Hammond born in Indiana.
(5) INFORMANT: C. C. Dye of Luling, TX.
(6) BURIAL: Luling, Texas on February 16, 1945.
(1) CENSUS: 1870 - 1930.
(2) MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE -- C. F. Dye of Gibson Co., IN & Jessie T. Lawler of Caldwell Co., TX, 1 JAN 1890, Caldwell Co., TX. Witnesses - Thomas Cosgrave, Allie Dye, R. D. Ellis, & Jessie Cartwright.
(3) OBITUARY: The Advance Guard, Goliad Newspaper(excerpt): "C. F. Dye, 77, father of J. N. Dye, and brother of W. D. L. Dye, both of this city, expired at his family home on Barton Springs Road near Austin, last Thursday morning, February 15, at 6:45 after being seriously ill for three weeks. Cornelius Francis Dye, a native of Indiana, was the second eldest son of William & Elizah (Hammond) Dye. He was born June 28, 1869 and moved with his parents to the Luling community in Texas at the age of 12. On January 1, 1890 he and Miss Jessie Lawler were married. Fourteen children were born to this union, 12 of whom survive. They are Daisy Parker, May Francis, Bessie Spaw, Maudie Cloer, James N., Ray, Francis, Kennie, Robbin, Clyde, Ernest, & Clifton. Roy & Loren preceded him in death. He also is survived by his widow, Mrs. Jessie Dye, 1 brother, W.D.L. Dye, 47 grandchildren & 3 great-grandchildren. Mr. Dye was a life-long member of the Church of Christ serving as an elder for many years. Final rites for the venerable old Christian gentleman and highly esteemed pioneer citizen were conducted Friday at 2:00 p.m. from South Austin Church of Christ with Mr. Holland, former minister officiating. Interment followed in the City Cemetery at Luling with his 8 sons serving as pallbearers."
William H. Dye (1825 - 1906)
Eliza Amanda Hammond Dye (1841 - 1928)
Jessie Teresa Lawler Dye (1873 - 1947)*
Daisy Bell Dye Parker (1890 - 1963)*
James Neil Dye (1892 - 1965)*
Bessie Teresa Dye Spaw (1894 - 1980)*
Helen May Dye Francis (1895 - 1976)*
Roy Hibbard Dye (1896 - 1897)*
Ray Hugh Dye (1897 - 1979)*
Robin Thomas Dye (1899 - 1977)*
Joe Ernest Dye (1902 - 1979)*
Francis Hammond Dye (1904 - 1978)*
Clyde Charles Dye (1905 - 1981)*
Loren Leon Dye (1908 - 1939)*
Clifton Eugene Dye (1910 - 1995)*
Maudine O Dye Shelton (1913 - 2003)*
Kenneth Anderson Dye (1918 - 1997)*
Sarah Jane Dye Spaw (1846 - 1901)**
John Andrew Dye (1848 - 1926)**
Robert Thomas"Robin" Dye (1850 - 1927)**
William Daniel Lester Dye (1866 - 1948)*
Cornelius Francis Seymore Dye (1868 - 1945)
Alice Belle Dye Roycroft (1870 - 1907)*
Luling City Cemetery
Maintained by: KaysRoots
Originally Created by: Ed Sanders
Record added: Nov 12, 2006
Find A Grave Memorial# 16623545