|Birth: ||May 20, 1794|
New York, USA
|Death: ||Sep. 2, 1875|
Henry A. Francisco was the youngest son of Abraham and Hester (VanDerCook) Francisco of Schagticoke, Rensselaer Co., NY, Northampton, Montgomery Co., NY and Gorham, Ontario Co., NY. He was also a first cousin to his wife, Catherine Overacker. (Their mothers, Cornelia VanDerCook Overacker and Hester VanDerCook Francisco were sisters.) Henry and Catherine (Overacker) Francisco had eight known children:
1. Robert James Francisco (1817-1874, given to the childless Michael A. Francisco and his first wife, Elizabeth Blackford, to raise as their own, married 1. Nancy A. DIXON, four children, 2. Phebe BLACKFORD, no issue, 3. Jeanette STONE, no known issue.)
2. Henry Eddy Francisco (1819-1878, married Rhoda Anne GODFREY, no known issue).
3. Nancy Francisco (1822-?, married Aaron BLAKE, two children).
4. Horace Francisco (1825-1882, married Emaline PRESTON, no known issue).
5. Hester Jane Francsico (1828-1907, never married).
6. Caroline Francisco (1831-1909, married Cyrus ARNOLD, six children).
7. Antoinette Charity Francisco (1835-1920, married J. Hopkins NASH, two children).
8. Eleanor (1838-?, married J.H. WHEATON, one known daughter).
Their eldest child was born in New York, the next four in Mayfield Twp., Cuyahoga Co., OH, the next in Lodi, Washtenaw Co., MI and the last two in Grass Lake.
Henry founded the Village of Francisco, Jackson Co., MI and also served as a Circuit Court judge for at least one term.
Henry married 2. Rachel S. L. ? and 3. Eliza A. HEATH Griswold (later Burlingame).
The War of 1812 declaration for pension of Henry A. Francisco is file no. SC19, 192, BLWT58764-120-55.
This family was listed in Grass Lake Twp., Jackson Co., MI in the 1840 US Census. By 1850, they had moved to Sheridan Twp. Calhoun Co., MI. It is presumed that is where Catherine died in August, 1851.
Henry A. Francisco is listed in List of Heirs for the Will of (his brother) Michael A. Francisco (1787-1864), but none of his children are. (Copies of this fascinating document and much of the accompanying probate paperwork can be ordered from the Yates Co., NY Surrogate Court) According to the list of heirs to the estate, Henry was found to have been living at Bristol Station, McHenry Co., IL in early 1865. It is evident that he moved to be with his children in Philo, which is where he died in 1875 at the age of 81.
Henry A.'s last wife survived him, as the petition of Eliza A. Francisco, in the matter of the estate of Henry A. Francisco, dated 10 Sep 1875, can be found in the records of the Champaign County Court, Champaign, IL.
Eleanor Francisco Wheaton (1838 - 1907)*
Grass Lake East Cemetery
Created by: Lynnsdaughter
Record added: Feb 14, 2005
Find A Grave Memorial# 10476181