|Birth: ||Jul. 19, 1767|
|Death: ||Mar. 7, 1839|
Son of Hans (or Johan) Adam Stieffel. Hans was born in Mangaborhn, Germany in 1733. Hans came to America before 1767 and changed his name to BOOTS (Stieffel is 'boots' in German). He married a woman named Barbary (don't know if this is her first or last name) before 1767 in West Virgnia. Hans (John) Adams BOOTS died in Dorcas, Hardy Co., West Virginia on 08/18/1803.
Siblings of Adam Boots II:
-Garrett Boots b.1765, b.bef.12/04/1819
-George Boots b.1769 d.bef. 04/19/1802
-John Boots b.1773 d.01/17/1792
-Mary Boots b.1775 d.1826
-Martin Boots b.1777 d.09/13/1842
Adam Boots II married Mary Elizabeth Ketterman on 10/20/1788 in Hardy Co., West Virginia.
Children of Adam & Mary Elizabeth (Ketterman) Boots:
1) Barbary Gorman Boots b.10/04/1789 d.06/07/1862 2nd wife of Rueben Strong and buried with him in Strong Cemetery
2) Jacob Boots b.11/26/1791; m. Susannah Bergdoll 06/03/1814; d.07/31/1861
3) Margaret Boots b.11/01/1793 in WV; m.Jacob Pendroy; d.11/03/1874 in Monroe, IA
4) Joel Boots b.03/18/1798; m. Sarah Pendroy 04/28/1825 in Greene Co., OH; d.11/18/1837
5) Martin Boots b.07/14/1803; m. Rhoda Strong Dill, dau of Rueben Strong, J.P.; d.03/15/1873
6) Adam Boots III b.10/27/1805; m. Jane Pendroy 08/28/1828 in Greene Co., OH; buried near Selma, Delaware Co., IN
7) Jesse Boots b.04/19/1808; m.1)Sarah Ann Thornburg, m.2) Anna Catherine _?_(she d.12/21/1852); d.05/30/1883
8) Levi Boots b.08/17/1812 in Grant Co., WV; m.Mary Campbell 11/07/1833; d.08/28/1843 buried in Stong Cemetery.
Mary Elizabeth Ketterman Boots (1772 - 1841)*
Joel Boots (1798 - 1837)*
Martin Boots (1803 - 1873)*
Jesse Boots (1808 - 1883)*
Aged 71 yrs. 7 mo. 18 da.
Boots Cemetery (New Jasper Twp)
Created by: Cheryl (Theroux) Whitica...
Record added: Apr 07, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 35615384