|Death: ||Nov. 12, 1923|
District of Columbia
District Of Columbia, USA
Officer William Allen was electrocuted when he picked up a radio wire that was being installed on a home illegally.
He was off duty and at home following the birth of his daughter when a neighbor, who knew he was a policeman, notified him that another neighbor was stringing the illegal radio wire on Yuma Street, SE, in Washington, DC.
Officer Allen went to the woman's house and picked up the wire that was laying on the ground, not knowing it had come in contact with an overhead electrical wire. He was shocked and killed instantly when he touched it.
Officer Allen was survived by his wife and 5-day-old daughter
Created by: James Myers
Record added: Feb 24, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 66095014