|Birth: ||Apr. 10, 1849|
|Death: ||Dec. 22, 1928|
Emma Lindsay Howard was the daughter of AUGUSTUS HOWARD and ANN JANE LINDSAY. Her siblings were: MARY ELIZABETH, JETT THOMAS, CHARLES COOPER, ANTOINETTE RUTHERFORD, JULIA, SHERWOOD, RICHARD E., ALICE E., CLAUDIA HOPE,DAISY MIRIAM, and HELEN AUGUSTA (the founder of the GA Women's Sufferage Movement).
Her husband was JAMES HENRY BICKERSTAFF of Russell Co. who joined the Confederate Army at 17, lost an arm, and received two citations for Bravery at the Battle of Chickamauga. He entered Brick manufacturing in 1879 by renting the Abercrombie Brick Co at Brickyard, AL. They lived at "Longview" near Seale, Al.
Children of Emma and James Henry:
1. AUGUSTUS HOWARD BICKERSTAFF m. Nora Mary Walton
2. W. HUGH BICKERSTAFF m. Edna Mary Jennings
3. JAMES HENRY BICKERSTAFF, JR. m. Eulah Paschel
4. ANNIE AUGUSTA BICKERSTAFF, never married
5. FRANK JETER BICKERSTAFF (evidently named for her brother-in-law, Julia's husband FRANCIS MARION JETER who is buried in Linwood cemetery by Mirabeau Lamar's first wife.) m. Elizabeth 'Bessie' Bradford
6. DAISY BRIGHT BICKERSTAFF m. Charles Rosenstihl Dudley
7. MARION EMMA BICKERSTAFF (also named for FRANCIS MARION JETER)m. Perry
Created by: Becky
Record added: Jun 09, 2006
Find A Grave Memorial# 14549912
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.
Rest in peace.|
Added: Mar. 22, 2011
Added: Jun. 9, 2006