|Birth: ||Dec. 14, 1820|
|Death: ||Mar. 29, 1899|
Obituary from the Allentown Morning Call Newspaper, 31 March, 1899.
Enos Druckenmiller died suddenly at his home near Old Zionsville on Wednesday morning. He was 79 years of age and was one of the oldest inhabitants of the place. The cause of death was apoplexy. He had a slight stroke a few weeks ago. He lived with his son-in-law, Milton Kleinsmith. He is survived by fourteen adult children, all married. He sold his farm lately, had a sale of his personal property, and was getting ready to move to the home of another son-in-law, Mr. Brey, near Shimersville. Mr. Kleinsmith slept in the same room, and when he got up in the morning, thought Mr. Druckenmiller was sleeping. When he didn't answer the call for breakfast, an investigation revealed he was dead. The funeral will be held next Tuesday morning with services and interment at Old Zionsville, Rev. Dr. Eli Keller officiating. Two sons of the deceased are Lutheran ministers, Rev. Joel Druckenmiller, of Michigan, and Rev. George Druckenmiller, of Freeburg, Snyder county.
[The Allentown Morning Call, Allentown, PA, Friday, March 31, 1899, page 4]
Enos DRUCKENMILLER, was born 14 December 1821 in Hereford Township (Berks County), PA to Michael & Elisabeth, nee MECHLING, DRUCKENMILLER and died of apoplexy at Zieglersville, Lehigh county, PA on 29 March 1899. He was a mechanic and farmer all his life, and was an elder of Zieglersville Lutheran Church, where he is buried. It is recorded that he took a profound interest in the work of the church and Sunday-school, teaching in the latter for many years. Enos Druckenmiller married Elizabeth Anna DESCH, daughter of George and Marguerite, nee MARSTELLER, DESCH, and to this union there were born children as follows:
The children of Enos Druckenmiller and Elizabeth Anna Desch are:
1) Benneville Druckenmiller – born 24 Sep 1847 in Berks or Lehigh Co., PA, and died 18 Jan 1868 from "measles and brain fever". Buried in St. Peter's Union Church Cemetery, Upper Milford Twp., Lehigh Co., PA.
2) Joel Desch Druckenmiller (Rev) - born 3 Jan 1849 in Lehigh County, PA and died 17 Sep 1917 in Moltke, Presque Isle, Michigan, at age 68. Married to Alma KUHLMANN, da. of Johann and Marie (nee Luchterland) Kuhlmann. Alma was born Mar. 4, 1858, in Hermansburg, Hinter Pommern, Prussia, and died in Jul. 1, 1904, in Moltke, Presque Isle, Michigan.
3) Tilghman Druckenmiller; born 4 Jun 1850 and died 14 Jun 1931. Tilghman married Barbara FREY. They are buried in the Zionsville Evangelical Lutheran Cemetery, Zionsville, PA.
4) Anna Elizabeth Druckenmiller – born 23 Sep 1851, died 7 Mar 1912. Married Milton KLEINSMITH, b. 1848, d. 1919 and both are buried in the New Goshenhoppen UCC Cemetery, East Greenville, Montgomery Co., PA.
5) Henry Desch Druckenmiller, born on 23 Dec, 1852. Married about 1880 to Ella Jane WAGENHORST. Moved to Atlanta, Georgia where their descendants still remain.
6) David Desch Druckenmiller; born 1854, d. 26 Oct 1920. Married Emma Katie NUSS, b. 18 June 1855.
7) Benjamin D. Druckenmiller, born 12 Nov. 1855, died 8 May 1937. Married Caroline DEISHER.
8) Emmalina "Emma" Druckenmiller, born 9 Apr 1857, died 18 Jan 1863 at age 6 of diphtheria. Buried in St. Peter's Union Church Cemetery, Upper Milford Twp., Lehigh Co., PA.
9) Mayme "Mariah" Druckenmiller; was born in November, 1858. She married (1) William WEISS; and (2) Hiram WELKER.
10) Susanna Druckenmiller; born 24 March 1860, died 11 Aug 1918. She married Benjamin FREY.
11) Rosa A. Druckenmiller; born ca. 1862, died 11 Aug 1941, married Allen W. SHEIMER, d. 16 Dec 1942. (source: Burial Records of Zion Evangelical Lutheran Congregation, 1921-1948).
12) George Desch Druckenmiller (Rev.); born 26 Feb 1864, died 26 Feb 1928, Married Ella J. LERCH, daughter of Peter A. Lerch, on 8 Sep 1897. (source: Burial Records of Zion Evangelical Lutheran Congregation, 1921-1948). Old Zionsville, Upper Milford Twp, Lehigh County, PA.
13) Sallie (or Sally)Ann Druckenmiller; born 4 Oct. 1865, in Hereford, PA, d. 15 Oct 1942, Married #1 John SWEITZER, #2 Franklin NICHOLAS. Buried in the Old Zionsville Cemetery, Upper Milford Twp, Lehigh Co, PA.
14) Maggie Druckenmiller; born 20 Aug 1867, died November 04, 1918; married Charles E. (or William) SHUBERT, son of Timothy Shubert, on 20 Oct 1888. Source: The Genealogical Record of the Schwenkfelder Families, edited by Samuel Kriebel Brecht. "Printed for the Board of Publication of the Schwenkfelder Church, Pennsburg, Pennsylvania" (New York: Rand McNalley, 1923), p. 1164; birthplace: Berks Co. PA.
15) Laura Druckenmiller; born 1869. On 8 Nov. 1890, married Richard E. REESE, in Macungie. Richard was the son of Harrison and Rebecca Reese.
16) Annie C. Druckenmiller; born 1871, d. 13 Oct, 1944. Married Allen F. SNYDER on 21 Jun 1894 in
Allentown. He died on 2 Dec 1924, He was the son of John M. Snyder. Allen and Annie are
buried in the Old Zionsville Cemetery, Upper Milford Twp, Lehigh Co, PA.
Michael Druckenmiller (1784 - 1846)
Elizabeth Mech Druckenmiller (1787 - 1858)
Anna Elizabeth Desch Druckenmiller (1829 - 1887)
Joel Desch Druckenmiller (1847 - 1917)*
Benneville Druckenmiller (1847 - 1868)*
Tilghman Druckenmiller (1850 - 1931)*
Anna Elizabeth Druckenmiller Kleinsmith (1851 - 1912)*
Henry Desch Drukenmiller (1851 - 1927)*
David D Druckenmiller (1854 - 1920)*
Benjamin D. Druckenmiller (1855 - 1937)*
Emmelina Druckenmiller (1857 - 1863)*
Mayme M Druckenmiller Welker (1858 - 1932)*
Susanna Druckenmiller Brey (1860 - 1918)*
Rosa A Druckenmiller Shimer (1862 - 1941)*
George Desch Druckenmiller (1864 - 1928)*
Sally Ann Druckenmiller Nicholas (1865 - 1942)*
Maggie Druckenmiller Schubert (1867 - 1918)*
Laura Druckenmiller Reese (1869 - 1950)*
Annie C Druckenmiller Snyder (1871 - 1944)*
Hannah Druckenmiller Hinerschitz (1811 - 1866)*
Lydia Druckenmiller (1817 - 1859)*
Daniel Druckenmiller (1819 - 1883)*
Enos Druckenmiller (1820 - 1899)
Zions Evangelical Lutheran Church Cemetery
Created by: Carrie and Allen
Record added: Nov 22, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 31613202