|Death: ||Jun., 1896|
MOTHER AND CHILD DEAD.
Fatal Fire at Minneapolis Caused by Gasoline Exploding.
MINNEAPOLIS, June 13. -
Mrs. Ann Anderson and her 9-months-old son, died during the evening as a result of bodily burns received in a gasoline explosion that occurred at their home in the morning. She was polishing her stove and used gasoline to soften the substance. The stuff ignited from the heat of the stove and the woman's clothes caught fire. He child was at her side and its clothes also became aflame. The cries of the two hastily brought assistance and the fire was extinguished, but the mother and child were fatally burned. The lingered in great agony until evening when death intervened.
Austin Daily Herald; Austin, Minnesota.
June 13, 1896; Page Four.
Specifically: Cemetery Unknown.
Created by: dm wms
Record added: Jul 28, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 94322261