|Birth: ||Sep. 19, 1855|
|Death: ||Jun. 25, 1940|
Susann "Annie" Duckworth (my gg grandmother) was born 19 Sep 1855 in War Eagle Township, Benton County, Arkansas and died 25 Jun 25 1940 and buried 26 Jun 1940 in Denton Creek Cemetery, Gonzales, Texas. Her father was Simpson Aaron Duckworth aka Aaron Simpson Duckworth and Mary (MNU) both of Tennesse. Mary died sometime shortly before the 1860 census, as Simpson Aaron was married to Nancy Allen in the 1860 Census.
Susann Annie Duckworth was first married to William Jefferson Hyatt, Sr (my gg grandfather) and they had at least the following children:
1) William Jefferson Hyatt, Jr (born in Texas on 11 March 1871 and died 30 Jun 1947 and buried in San Saba Cemetery in San Saba, Texas) who married Anna Elizabeth Campbell on 09 Nov 1895 in Gillespie Co, Texas.
2) Daniel Wilson Hyatt (born 09 March 1874 in Fredsdricksburg, Gillespie,Texas, USA and died on 01 December 1937 and is buried in Denton Creek Cemetery) along with his 2nd wife Susan Viola Turner-Hyatt and his son Ollie Hyatt). He first married to Mary Elvira Campbell on 19 Oct 1898 in Wilson Cok Texas and had at least two sons: Willie Hyatt and Ollie Hyatt. We suspect that Mary died shortly after Ollie was born on 07 Jan 1904, as he married 2nd wife: Susan Viola Turner abt 17 Oct 1904 and they had several children. Susan (2nd wife) and son Ollie who never married are buried in a family row in Denton Creek Cemetery which also reportedly has one unmarked grave between Daniel and his son Ollie.
3) Rhoda Ann Hyatt-Shelton, my great grandmother (born 08 Jan 1877 in Yoakum, Texas and died at Brackenridge Hospital in Austin, Travis Co, Texas - and buried in Lockhart City Cemetery in Lockhart, Caldwell Co, Texas along with her husband Steve S Shelton (they have a double headstone buried side-by-side). They had 12 children (one being my grandfather)
Personal Note: Rhoda Ann Hyatt and Steve S Shelton were my great grandparents. My maternal grandfather Mancel Elbert Shelton, who married Myrtis Emma West and was one of their children. My mother, Mildred Elbert Shelton was one of their children.
4) Isabella aka "Belle" Hyatt-Porche (born 03 Feb 1885 in Eastland, Tx and died 06 Nov 1972 in Yoakum, Lavaca Co, Texas). She married Frank Bernard Porche (they are both buried in Oak Grove Cemetery in Yoakum, Tx)
5) Callie Emily (aka Emely) Hyatt-West (born 15 Jan 1881 in Texas; and died 11 Dec 1966 San Antonio, Bexar, Texas). She married William West.
6) Thomas Victor Hyatt (born 21 Dec 1881 in Texas; died 09 Jan 1946 in Austin, Travis, Texas). He married Otha Ann Josephine Fridge and had at least 3 children.
Family records indicate that Susann "Annie" Duckworth and was a Native American Indian-Cherokee (who spoke her native language). My gg grandfather William Jefferson Hyatt, Sr (according to family records) left his wife Susann Duckworth and their children and ran off with Susann's sister: Sarah A Duckworth. Susann and William divorced abt 1890. About 1895 Susann remarried (2nd marriage) to James Thomas Turner (born 17 Jul 1837 in Nashville, Davidson, Tennessee and died 12 Feb 1917 in Sweethome, Lavaca, Texas), leaving Susann Duckworth-Hyatt-Turner a widow.
Susann Annie Duckworth-Hyatt-Turner had at least one child with her 2nd marriage: Bulah S Turner (born abt 12 Aug 1896 who is buried in Three Rivers Cemetery, Texas; Buelah married a Roy L Turner and they had 3 children: two sons: Leslie L Turner and Alton E Turner and one daughter: Mildred V Turner).
Susann reportedly spent much time living near her daughter Rhoda Ann Hyatt-Shelton (my great grandmother) after her 2nd husband (Turner) died. Family records indicate she lived much of her later life in the 1400 blk of Haskell St (near Rainey St and the old Fish Hatchery) in Austin, Travis, Texas by her daughter Rhoda Ann Hyatt-Shelton.
According to early family members, Susann Annie Duckworth-Hyatt-Turner originally had a handmade wooden cross marking her grave in Denton Creek Cemetery which apparently weathered and disappeared. We have not yet been able to identify her burial plot to put another headstone. If anyone has information on where in the cemetery she is buried please let us know, as we wish to have a new headstone placed. It is possible that she is buried in an unmarked grave next to her son Daniel Wilson Hyatt family row (where his son Ollie and 2nd wife are buried and do have headstones, but between Daniel and Ollie there is reportedly an unmarked grave w/o headstone - we suspect this may be where his mother Susann "Annie" Duckworth-Hyatt-Turner may be buried and had a deterioted wooden cross in the past, but have not confirmed her exact burial location and record keepers of the cemetery have no record).
Thomas J. Turner (1837 - 1917)
William Jefferson Hyatt (1872 - 1947)*
Daniel Wilson Hyatt (1874 - 1936)*
Rhoda Ann Hyatt Shelton (1877 - 1947)*
Thomas Victor Hyatt (1881 - 1946)*
Callie Emily/Emely Hyatt West (1881 - 1966)*
Isabelle Hyatt Porche (1885 - 1972)*
Beulah S Turner Turner (1896 - 1971)*
Denton Creek Cemetery
Plot: possibly an unmarked grave
Created by: Lynda Lehmann-French
Record added: Feb 23, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 34143077
Added: Jul. 9, 2009
Added: Jun. 21, 2009
Added: Feb. 23, 2009