|Birth: ||Jan., 1804|
West Virginia, USA
|Death: ||Oct., 1852|
West Virginia, USA
Margaret was [1st] married to Samuel Small on 11 May 1821 in Berkeley County, (now) West Virginia, by John B. Hoge. The suretor for their marriage bond was Samuel Williamson.
Margaret was [2nd] married to Thomas T. Dugan (6 Jan 1807 - 18 Nov 1881) on 4 Feb 1830 in Berkeley County by James M. Brown. The suretor for their marriage bond was also Samuel Williamson.
Thomas' middle name was given as Tillison, Tillotson, and Tilletson at various times.
In the 1850 U.S. Census, Thomas and Margaret were living in Hedgesville, Berkeley County, West Virginia, and he was a "farmer."
Margaret died on 22/23 Oct 1852 at the age of 48 years, 9 months, 9 days.
Thomas [2nd] married Willsonia B. (Dennison) Dugan ["Wilmia/Wilma"] (Nov 1826 - 5 Mar 1922) on 31 Oct 1854 in Barbour County, West Virginia.
In the 1860 U.S. Census, Thomas and Wilma were living in Martinsburg, Berkeley County, West Virginia, and he was a "jailer."
In the 1870 and 1880 Censuses, Thomas and Wilma were living in Cove Township, Barbour County, West Virginia, and he was a "farmer."
Thomas died in Barbour County, West Virginia, of "dropsy." Wilma died in Barbour County, West Virginia, and was buried in Mt. Zion Cemetery.
The other known children of Margaret and Thomas were:
1) Samuel Williamson Dugan (18 Apr 1831/32 - 13 Feb 1892) married Hester Ann (Logan) Dugan (18 Aug 1836 - 10 Nov 1907) on 23 Nov 1852. Hester is #58517964.
2) Catherine Ann (Dugan) LeFevre (19 Oct 1831 - 13 Oct 1894) married Henry LeFevre (20 Oct 1822 - 17 Nov 1874) on 12/16 Nov 1847. Catherine's father was the suretor for their marriage bond. Henry was the son of John T. LeFevre and Nancy (Hill) LeFevre.
3) John A. Dugan (born c.1834) is possibly #103988334.
The known children of Thomas and Wilma were:
1) George Washington Dugan (Feb 1857 - 1921) married California F. (Shaw) Dugan (Sept 1858/59 - 1951) about 1881. She was the daughter of William Shaw and Hester Ann (Ayers) Shaw. California was 1 year old in the 1860 U.S. Census and 11 years old in the 1870 U.S. Census. In the 1900 U.S. Census, George and California lived in the Fairmont District of Marion County, WV, and he was a "miner." California had 5 children and 3 were still alive in 1900 and 1910. In the 1910 U.S. Census, George and California lived in Yellowstone Township, Woods County, Oklahoma, and he was a "general farmer." In the 1920 U.S. Census, George and California were boarding in Redlands, San Bernardino County, California, and George had no occupation. George and California are buried in Hillside Memorial Park in Redlands. George is #32259196 and California is #32259204.
2) Independence Dugan (born c.1859). She died before the 1870 U.S. Census.
3) Nancy Lucretia (Dugan) Holyfield (4 July 1859 - 16 Nov 1938) married Charles C. Holyfield (1852 - 15 Feb 1889). He was born in West Virginia to George W. Holyfield and Matilda (Ridgeway) Holyfield. Charles died in Reno, Preston County, West Virginia, and Nancy died in Belington, Barbour County, West Virginia. She was buried in Mt. Zion Cemetery.
4) Tillison S. Dugan (12 Dec 1866 - 10 Nov 1943) is #125168308.
Samuel Williamson (____ - 1851)
George Dugan (____ - 1852)*
Eveline Dugan (____ - 1856)*
Catharine Ann Dugan LeFevre (1831 - 1894)*
Catharine Lafever (1831 - 1891)*
William H Dugan (1835 - 1898)*
Francis Dugan (1840 - 1852)*
James F Dugan (1841 - 1926)*
Margaret Dugan (1841 - 1864)*
Amos Williamson (1801 - 1872)*
Margaret Williamson Dugan (1804 - 1852)
Samuel Johns Williamson (1821 - 1891)*
Falling Waters Presbyterian Cemetery
West Virginia, USA
Created by: myta
Record added: Oct 08, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 59757309