|Birth: ||Oct., 1843, Germany|
|Death: ||Jan. 12, 1887|
Caroline (Struth) Guerth ["Lena"] (died 12 Jan 1887, at 44 years, 2 months 21 days) was the daughter of Elise/Eliza (?) Struth (c.1803/04 - post 1870).
Lena, her mother, and two of her brothers, Carl/Charles and Leonhard, emigrated from Lauterbach, Hessen-Darmstadt, Germany, and landed in the port of Baltimore on 31 Oct 1863.
Lena's older brother, Hammond/Herman Struth (born c.1834), emigrated to America and arrived in Baltimore on 9 Oct 1854. Her brother, George, emigrated to America in 1856.
Lena married Henry Guerth (died 9 Jan 1896, at 59 years, 3 months) on 24 Dec 1865 in Baltimore City, Maryland. She died of "consumption" and "exhaustion."
Henry Guerth and Lena were also the parents of:
1) William Charles Guerth (Oct 1866 - 3 Dec 1930) is buried in Hillside Memorial Park, Redlands, San Bernardino County, California.
2) Henry A. Guerth (17 Nov 1869/70 - 24 June 1951) is buried in Laurel Cemetery, Cochecton Center, Sullivan County, New York.
3) Herman J. Guerth (born Oct 1871) married Marie (Trowe) Guerth (born Feb 1872), who may have been his first cousin. She was the daughter of Charles H. Trowe and Wilhelmina (Guerth) Trowe ["Minna"].
4) Mary Ann Guerth (born 21 Mar 1879). It is possible her name was Marion instead of Mary Ann.
5) Samuel C. Guerth was born after the 1880 U.S. Census. He is listed in the 1899 Baltimore City Directory as living with his step-mother, Clementine, and some of his brothers.
Henry Guerth (1837 - 1896)*
Otto Hugo Guerth (1867 - 1946)*
Edward S. Guerth (1873 - 1954)*
Frederick W. Guerth (1875 - 1945)*
Septimus C. Guerth (1877 - 1906)*
Plot: Area F, Lot #53, plot #2
Created by: myta
Record added: Oct 06, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 59685588
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.