|Birth: ||Jan. 3, 1919|
|Death: ||Nov. 5, 2007|
North Carolina, USA
* Was born in Tarentum, PA and grew up in Natrona Heights, PA.
* Son of Irene & Thomas Jakubec.
* Throughout the years I have heard that my grandfather had two brothers but I can't find any facts/census pages/death certificates to prove that. I've heard he had an older brother and a younger brother.
* graduated from Har-Brack [Union] High School in Class of 1938, Natrona Heights, PA.
* Fought in the 100th Division in the 7th Army. Landed in Marsailles, France with the 7th. He was in the Artillery, 105M Howitzers. (written by my father for the Washington D.C. WWII memorial registry website)
* Married Eva Magalene (Dye) on August 4, 1948 in St. Michaels Catholic Church in Gastonia, North Carolina after he got back from WWII.
>> Interesting fact: He got married under "Jakubec" instead of Jacobs. I don't when he changed his name but it had to be sometime between August 1948 and Sept. 1949 (because their daughter was born Sept. 7, 1949).
Witnesses at their wedding: his sister-in-law, Cora and her husband, Irvin McCorkle.
01_Diane (Jacobs) (m. Jim Blow)
02_Butch Jacobs (m. Susan)
04_Larry Jacobs (m. Jan)
05_Kenneth Jacobs (m. Cheryl)
* Has 7 grandchildren and 1 great-granddaughter (born in 2008).
* Preceded in death by his parents, son-in-law Jim Blow, grandson David Blow and countless other relatives.
* Burial is at Sandy Plains Baptist Church where he served as a Sunday School Teacher for many years.
You will be missed grandfather.
You are not in pain anymore.
Can't wait to see you again.
Save us all a seat in your lovely 'new' house.
Love, your granddaughter, Sarah.
Thomas Jacob Jakubec (1894 - 1962)
Irene Anna Samay Jakubec (1901 - 1976)
Eva Magalene Dye Jacobs (1915 - 2012)*
Sandy Plains Baptist Church Cemetery
North Carolina, USA
Created by: Sarah J.
Record added: Nov 29, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 62300404
Added: May. 26, 2013
Happy Memorial Day Grandpa!|
Added: May. 28, 2012