|Death: ||Dec. 20, 2000|
Little Jim, an affectionate 8-month-old tabby, died Monday at the University of Florida Veterinary Medical Center where he was being treated for severe injuries from being tortured with fireworks and set ablaze near his rural South Georgia home.
The kitten had third-degree burns over 50 percent of his body Dec. 20 when he crawled home to his owner who took him to Baytree Animal Hospital in Valdosta. Veterinarian Amanda Hall provided emergency treatment, then transferred Little Jim to the veterinary medical center in Gainesville.
Little Jim was in a medically induced coma to control the excruciating pain while being treated in preparation for multiple skin grafts and surgeries.
He was a sweet kitten. He had a big battle ahead of him, and he fought it well, but it was just too much for him.
(Little Jim's sister Blackie was also burned but is doing well)
Created by: AngelWings
Record added: Jan 24, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 64604176
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.