|Birth: ||Oct. 2, 1881|
|Death: ||Jul. 25, 1977|
~*~ Thank you to Kind-Hearted Friend Robert Duran from beautiful Colorado for sponsoring Our Maw Barnes ... So fitting that a Rocky Mountain Angel would be led here -- the Barnes Family LOVES COLORADO!! ~*~
PLEASE VISIT Robert's Beloved Daughter Pebbles Duran --she holds her Daddy's heart in Heaven..
The Beautiful Angel Day Tribute was given by Hans from Berlin - continuing to bless many here on Find A Grave. How special he is to us all.
Daughter of James Knox Polk Rush and Martha Susan Margaret Roden-Rush.
Wife of Bernard Nod Barnes, Sr.- marriage notes show that Bernard always called Lula "wife" and she called him"Mr.Barnes". They both loved snuff. They were introduced by Bernard's sister - Aunt Minnie Belle (Tabor) Barnes. Lula was originally from Alabama. She was married to a Mr. Jack Johnson, Sr. who owned a Brick Mfg. Company in Alabama. She had 2 daughters by him Mary Sue, Elsie and son Jack Johnson, Jr.. After marrying Bernard, she had 1 son - Bernard Nod Barnes, Jr.
The family lived for years in Dallas, TX on Phillips Street at intersection with I-30 in East Dallas. Modern day 2011, a CoMerica Bank has been constructed at this location - only remaining markers are the huge pecan trees.
She was at one time in her life a model.
Her son Jack had married Marie Van Burley Johnson who is nearing 100 yrs old. 1-2011. jack and Marie never had children. Marie had 1 brother Jimmy (James?) Van Burley had one cihld by birth and one by adoption.
Additional Family Info:
Lula's Father, James Knox Polk Rush, born 1849in Jackson Co. Alabama. He was the son of Sampson K. Rush abd Sabra Nabors. He married Martha Susan Margaret Roden February 1st 1871 in Alabama. Her Mother Martha, was born about 1832 in Alabama. She was the daughter of Jeremiah Roden , Jr. and Margaret Anderson.
CHILDREN of JAMES RUSH and MARTHA RODEN:
1. Robert Rush - born 1871 in alabama - married Vine Burkin.
2. James Rush - born 1873 in Alabama - married Fanny Harris. **James Rush was a jailguard at the Dallas Police Department.
3. Katherine "Kate" Rush, born 1875 in Alabama - married Budd Derrick.
4. Elsie Rush - born in 1878 in Alabama, married William Spurgeon, Sr. August 30, 1896 in Jackson co. Alabama.
5. Lula Gordon Rush, born October 2, 1881, in Jackson Co. Woodville, AL - died July 25, 1977 in Dallas, TX. Buried at Grovehill Cemetery next to her husband - Bernard Nod Barnes, Sr. - married March 13, 19232 in Dallas Co., TX.
6. Nora Rush - married Joe McDermott.
Kindly respect Dear Grandmother Barne's Memorial:
~No Halloween Tokens
~No Silly Tokens please,
Thank you for your respect.
Bernard Nod Barnes (1888 - 1974)*
Bernard Nod Barnes (1924 - 1975)*
Grove Hill Memorial Park
Created by: Diddy & Doodle
Record added: Jan 20, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 64458952