|Birth: ||Mar. 17, 1829|
|Death: ||Mar. 7, 1913|
Hannah (BURLEY) LONG is my great great grandmother. Her obituary indicates that she was born in Shavers Creek Valley near Manor Hill. Her death certificate states that her father was John BURLEY and her mother was Minerva BREWER although nobody has ever succeeded in researching these two people. Some people think that she was adopted, probably at an early age.
Around 1852, she married Jacob LONG (1832-1913). They had seven children, three of whom were daughters who died in childhood.
1. Frances Elizabeth "Fannie" LONG (1852-1929) b: 1852
2. George Alfred LONG (1853-1918) b: 21 Sep 1853 in PA
3. Mary C. LONG (1855-1861) b: 24 Jun 1855 in PA
4. Emma Jane LONG (1857-1944) b: 1857 in PA
5. Clara Morton LONG (1858-1912) b: 7 Dec 1858 in Petersburg, Huntingdon Co., PA
6. Juniata W. LONG (1860-1861) b: 6 Aug 1860 in PA
7. Annie M. LONG (1862-1871) b: 27 Feb 1862
She died at home at 401 Moore Street in Huntingdon. She raised her family in Petersburg and that is where she was buried, along with her three daughters who died in childhood.
Jacob Long (1832 - 1913)*
Clara Morton Long Foster (1858 - 1912)*
Cedar Grove Cemetery
Plot: rear of cemetery on left
Created by: Alan Saltsman
Record added: Sep 19, 2007
Find A Grave Memorial# 21657646
Added: Apr. 16, 2009
Rest in Peace.|
Added: Dec. 3, 2007