|Birth: ||Apr. 5, 1894|
|Death: ||Aug. 18, 1897|
~&~ Angel Alert ~&~
THANK YOU to wonderful friend Cheryl Hanson for sponsoring tiny Great-Uncle Francis' Memorial. Such a Blessing to his memory.
Precious Son of Frances Marian Barnes and Mary Jane *Mollie* Clem-Barnes. Francis was baby #11 of 13 Barnes siblings. There are no known pictures of Frances.
Toddler is a True Son of the Confederacy
******** Civil War Soldier ********
35th Alabama Infantry Company G
Married Mary Jane "Mollie" Clem in Sand Springs, Alabama near Oak Grove/Limestone County on June 12, 1864. The couple had thirteen children:
1. Emmett Bud Barnes - born in Alabama
2. John A. Barnes - born in Alabama - married (1)Ollie (2)Flora Dotson 9-28-1904. *flora was older than John and became sick. So one day when he was outside, she shot herself. He later married Ollie.
3. Mary Katherine "Kate' Barnes - born in Alabama - married Doc Ross.
4. George Thomas "Tom" Barnes 9-6-1885 - born in Alabama - married Lucinda "Lutie" Vinnings 8/7/1887 in Limestone Co., Elkmont, AL; born 1869.
5. William R. "Dee" Barnes - born 1-27-1867 in AL., married Nancy E. Griffin, April 24, 1883, died August 10, 1936.
6.James B. "Jim" Barnes, born 2-26-1869 in Alabama, married Lizzie B. Wright, 8-17-1898.
7. Marion LaFate "Fate" Barnes, born 2-6-2872 in Alabama, married Betty Elliott 11-23-1892 in Limestone Co., Elkmont, AL.
8.Carrie Cordelia "Deely' Barnes, born 12/1/1873 in Alabama, married F.F. Griffin, 2-23-1892 in Limestone Co., Elkmont, AL.
9. Laura Jane Barnes, born 2-4-1876 in Alabama, died 4-18-1899, married Norman.
10. Allie Cuin Barnes, born 9-12-1879 in Alabama, died 4-3-1863 in Rockwall Co., rockwall, TX married Lena Cooper 12-18-1904, born 6-21-1888 in Van Zant, TX, died 2-7-1985 in Rockwall Co., Rockwall, TX.
11. Francis E. Barnes, born 4-5-1884 - died 8-16-1897 in Rockwall, TX.
12. Bernard Nod Barnes born 7-21-1888 in Limestone Co. Elkmont, AL died 3/21/1974 in Dallas, TX; married Lula Gordon Rush March 13,1923 in Dallas, TX.
13. Minnie Belle barnes - born 12-11-1890 in Alabama, married Harvey Olin Tabor 5-17-1907.
Kindly respect Dear Little Man Great-Uncle Francis Barnes' Memorial:
~No Halloween Tokens
~No Silly Tokens please,
Thank you for your respect.
Francis Marion Barnes (1842 - 1905)
Mary Jane Clem Barnes (1847 - 1922)
William Henry Barnes (1867 - 1953)*
James Bernard Barnes (1869 - 1954)*
Marion Lafayette Barnes (1871 - 1953)*
Allie Cuin Barnes (1879 - 1963)*
Bernard Nod Barnes (1888 - 1974)*
Minnie B Tabor (1890 - 1973)*
Toddler Francis E Barnes (1894 - 1897)
Son of F M & M J Barnes Weep not papa and mama for me. For I am waiting in heaven for thee.
Maintained by: Diddy & Doodle
Originally Created by: Mimi Simpson Davidson
Record added: Jun 03, 2006
Find A Grave Memorial# 14484173