|Birth: ||Dec. 11, 1864|
|Death: ||Feb. 23, 1948|
While the tombstone for Mollie Smith Mays Paceley clearly lists her birth year as 1884; that is an error. Perhaps the current stone replaced an earlier one, too worn to be read correctly. Mollie's correct birth date is believed to be December 11, 1864, based upon the following documentation:
1. The "Births" page from a family bible submitted by Mollie's son William Clyde Paceley at the time of his application for railroad retirement contains the following entry: "M. S. Paceley wife was born Dec 11, 1864"
2. The birth dates of Mollie's and Sterling's children, as listed in that same bible, were:
• Baby June 18, 1882
• James Milton Oct 21, 1884 (also from TX d. cert. 38173)
• Bessie Faye Dec 24, 1886 (also from TX d cert 18662)
• William Clyde Jan 18, 1888 (also from TX d. cert. 10953)
• Rillah Lee May 9, 1894
• F. B. May 8, 1896
3. Grayson Co. TX "marriage certification" dates the marriage of S. M. Paceley and Mollie S. Mays as 9 May, 1880.
4. The 1880 Grayson Co. TX census, enumerated 18 June 1880, lists Sterling Paceley and Mollie Paceley as 18 and 15 years old, living in the household of Mollie's father, Wright Mays.
5. The 1900 Grayson Co. TX census lists Mollie's birth date as Dec. 1864.
6. Mollie's TX death certificate # 7222 (under the name Mollie Ure - her 2nd marriage) lists her birth date as December 11, 1864
Above data provided by Pat Trentham, a family member.
West Hill Cemetery
Plot: Old Cemetery - Lot 94 - Space 1
GPS (lat/lon): 33.6301, 96.61771
Created by: Tony & Patricia Held
Record added: May 09, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 26714120