|Birth: ||Oct. 17, 1900|
|Death: ||Apr. 19, 1987|
In Loving Memory of ..... my Grandfather Ramon Pedro Benavides (my dads dad)Known as R.P. Benavides.
You may be gone, no longer living on this earth; but you will live on - in the memories of your family and friends. There will always be a part of you living in your kids, your grandchildren and those who knew you. You will live on because we remember you!
Died at the age of 86 years of age in Encino, Brooks, Tx.
He married Natividad Benavidez around 1919.- No relations.
His mother was Dorotea Abrego but the identity of his father is unknown; he was adopted by Pedro Benavides after his marriage to Dorotea Abrego.
Ramon Pedro (R.P.) Benavidez - 466019149 and Natividad Benavidez's Children:
1. Cristoval Benavidez – Spouse: Juanita Dacosta. Children
were: Rosalinda Benavides, Felipe Benavides. Born
2. Pedro Benavides – Born: August 1, 1922 Died: February 13, 2000 – Married to Amparo Saenz
3. Lucia Benavides – Born: October 1, 1926 Died: Jun. 24, 2006 - was married to Aniceto Villarreal
4. Felix Benavidez – Born: April 13, 1929. Married Amanda Balderas of Rio Grande City.
5. Domingo Benavides – Died August 20, 2010.
6. Hacinto Benavidez – Died at 6 Month of age. Born and Died before my dad (Felix) was born. He only knows because his mother told him about his brother that only lived for 6 months.
We have always known that my Grandfather R.P. Benavidez was adopted. The question remains who was his Birth father. Different family members have different tales. One story is that his father, Mr. Douglas, an Indian, from Oklahoma came down to Encino every year to deliver cattle to the King Ranch and this is where he met my Great Grandmother Dorotea. She became pregnant and had a son, Ramon. Not sure we will every know the truth.
*Fact: My grandfather was very fair skinned and had beautiful sky blue eyes.
Great Granddaughter: Violet Bredna Benavidez Orosco
Great Grandson: Michael Brandon Benavidez Hernandez
Great Great Great Great Grandfather and Grandmother -
Spouse: Ana Maria de la Garza. Gregorio Benavides and Ana Maria de la Garza were married. Children were: Dionicio Benavides.
Great Great Great Grandfather and Grandmother -
Parents: Gregorio Benavides and Ana Maria de la Garza.
Spouse: Maria Rita de la Garza. Dionicio Benavides and Maria Rita de la Garza were married. Children were: Simon Benavides.
Great Great Grandfather and Grandmother -
Simon Benavides.In about 1880 they moved to Encino, Tx
Parents: Dionicio Benavides and Maria Rita de la GARZA.
Spouse: Ramona Pena was from Cadereyta,N.L.. Simon Benavides and Ramona Pena were married. Children were: Domingo Benavides, Pedro Benavides, Rita Benavides , Prajedis Benavides.
Great Grandfather and Grandmother -
Pedro Benavidez Born: May 31, 1986 and Died: June 19, 1944 Encino, Texas.
Spouse: Dorotea Abrego - Born: February 5, 1882 Died: July 22, 1937 in Encino, Texas , she had one son, Ramon Parents: Simon Benavidez and Ramona Pena. Pedro Benavidez and Dorotea Abrego were married.
1. Rosario Benavidez – No dates
2. Santiago Benavidez – No dates
3. Clara Benavidez – Spouse: Julio Huerta. Julio Huerta and Clara
Benavidez were married. Children were: Ramon Huerta,
Estella Huerta, Margarita Huerta, Julia Huerta.
4. Bonifacio Benavidez – Born: June 5, 1910 Died: January
5. Maximo Benavidez – Born: May 29, 1917 Died: December
6. Domingo Benavidez – Died: April 30, 1931
7. Alejandra Benavidez – Spouse: Alberto Garcia. Alberto Garcia and Alejandra Benavidez were married. She was born 1919, Brooks County, Texas, USA and died Nov. 4, 2010 in Corpus Christi, Nueces County, Texas, USA.
8. Andrea Benavidez – was born on February 7, 1913. She
died on June 14, 1932 in Falfurrias, Brooks County, TX,
9. Carmen Benavidez - Born: July 10, 1925 - Encino, Tx
Died: December 24, 1938 – Encino, Tx
10. Efrain Benavidez - No dates
11. Simon Benavidez - Spouse: Ernestina Yzaguirre. Simon Benavidez and
Ernestina Yzaguirre were married. Died: November 17,
2008 – Victoria,Tx – Married: Petra Ibarra. Their son is Gilberto Benavides and his son is Christopher Benavides.
12. Apolonia Benavidez – was born on March 10, 1908 in
Encino, Brooks County, TX, USA. She died on February
15, 1938 in Encino, Brooks County, TX. Jose Garcia Ramos and Apolonia Benavidez were NOT married. Children were: Luisa Maria Benavides, Jose (Pache)Benavides, Leonel Benavides, Guadalupe Benavides.
13. Praxedis Benavidez – Prajedis Benavidez. Spouse:Tiburcio Hernandez.
Tiburcio Hernandez and Prajedis Benavidez were married.
Born: July 21, 1915 Died: April 11, 1942 – Married:
14. Ramon Pedro Benavidez – October 17, 1900 Died: April 18, 1987 – Married: Natividad Benavidez
Ramon was adopted by Pedro Benavidez after he married
his mother Dorotea Abrego.
Felix Benavides in household of Ramon P Benavides,
"United States Census, 1940"
Name: Felix Benavides
Titles and Terms:
Event Type: Census
Event Date: 1940
Event Place: Justice Precinct 3, Brooks, Texas, US
Marital Status: Single
Relationship to Head of Household: Son
Birth Year (Estimated): 1929
Last Place of Residence: Same House
Household Gender Age Birthplace
Head Ramon P Benavides M 39 Texas
Wife Natividad Benavides F 38 Texas
Son Cristoforo Benavides M 19 Texas
Son Pedro Benavides M 17 Texas
Daughter Lucia Benavides F 13 Texas
Son Felix Benavides M 11 Texas *** My DADDY
Son Domingo Benavides M 7 Texas
Niece Luisa Garcia F 14 Texas
Nephew Lionel Garcia M 11 Texas
Nephew Jose Garcia M 7 Texas
Nephew Guadalupe Garcia M 6 Texas
Pedro Benavidez (1861 - 1944)
Dorotea Abrego Benavidez (1882 - 1937)
Rosa C. Benavides (1924 - 1999)
Natividad Benavidez Benavides (1902 - 1953)*
Cristoforo Benavides (1920 - 2011)*
Pedro "Pete" Benavides (1922 - 2000)*
Lucia Benavides Villarreal (1926 - 2006)*
Domingo Rene Benavidez (1933 - 2010)*
Santiago Abrego Benavides*
Ramon Pedro Abrego Benavides (1900 - 1987)
Clara Benavides Huerta (1902 - 1997)*
Domingo Abrego Benavides (1906 - 1931)*
Apolonia Abrego Benavides (1908 - 1938)*
Bonifacio Abrego Benavides (1910 - 1937)*
Andrea Abrego Benavides (1913 - 1932)*
Praxedis Benavidez Hernandez (1915 - 1942)*
Maximo Abrego Benavidez (1917 - 1934)*
Alejandra Benavides Garcia (1919 - 2010)*
Simon Pedro Abrego Benavides (1923 - 2008)*
Carmen Abrego Benavides (1925 - 1938)*
Benavides Family Cemetery
Created by: Eddieb
Record added: Apr 09, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 50897256