|Death: ||Aug., 1794|
New Jersey, USA
BADGLEY HISTORY from Newark, New Jersey Evening News
July 23 to Nov 11, 1906 by Wheeler Thurston
"George 2) Badgley, son of Anthony (1) and Elizabeth Badgley, was born at Flushing, Long Island about 1693-6. He moved to Elizabethtown, N.J. Essex (now Union) County, about 1718-20, and was there married to Mary Hatfield.
George Badgley was a land owner at Elizabethtown, and lived there till his death, which took place about September, 1759. He is said by a descendant to have been a ship's carpenter, and to have met his death by drowning, notwithstanding, considerable local fame as a swimmer.
He left no will and on September 19, 1759, letters of administration on his estate were granted to his son George.
His widow lived to an advanced age and died in August 1794. She was buried in the churchyard of the Presbyterian Church at Elizabethtown, August 9, 1794 but no stone marks her grave.
Children of George (2) and Mary (Hatfield) Badgley:
1. George (3) born about 1726, married twice and died April 25, 1794 (see family 7);
2. Cornelius (3) born about 1728 married Elsey Townley, and died June 10, 1794 ;
3. Elizabeth (3) born about 173_, married first May 1, 1763, Benjamin Jackson of Hackensack; second Mr. Brown, and thirdly (Captain Samuel?) Lee;
4. Sarah (3) born about 1730_ married first John Clark; secondly William Grahum; thirdly Mr. De Forest, and died December 2, 1793;
5. Mary born about 1739 married James Carmichael as his second wife, and died July 30, 1759;
6. Rachel born about 1741, married John Dobbs, and died November 19, 1759."
Cornelius Hetfield (1666 - 1718)
George Anthony Badgley (1696 - 1759)*
George Anthony Badgley (1726 - 1794)*
Cornelius Badgley (1728 - 1794)*
Mary Badgley Carmichael (1739 - 1759)*
Rachel Mary Hatfield Badgley (1704 - 1794)
Cornelius Hetfield (1709 - 1795)*
Joanna Hetfield (1714 - 1723)*
First Presbyterian Churchyard
New Jersey, USA
Created by: ~~ACS~~
Record added: Apr 09, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 35700853