|Birth: ||Dec. 24, 1772|
West Virginia, USA
|Death: ||Jun. 18, 1857|
North Carolina, USA
Son of Jeremiah and Mary Newman Osborn. Brother of Rebecca Osborn Claypool, Josiah Osborn, Jonathan (Osborn) Osburn, Mary Osborn Satterfield, John Osborn (my 4th great-grandfather) and Reuben Osborn.
In 1792 he married Anne Blythe in Buncombe Co., NC.
Jeremiah and Ann had 11 children; Nancy Anne Osborne Wood, Ruth Osborne Orr, Mary J. Osborne Cagle, Jesse Osborn, James Osborn, John Osborne, Rebecca Osborne McCall, Franklin Champion Osborn, Jane Osborne Rickman, Sharlotte Osborne Berry and Elizabeth Osborne Orr.
The couples plantation home and the cemetery that they are buried in was plowed over and a railroad now runs there.
ESTATE SETTLEMENT FOR JEREMIAH OSBORNE, JR. (1772-1857)
STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA IN EQUITY
HENDERSON COUNTY FALL TERM, 1859
JOHN OSBORNE, ET AL
In obedience to a decree of the Court commanding me to inquire into and report the heirs at law of the in testate and those who are infantile -under age as well as the advancement in personal and realty to each of the heirs
during the lifetime of their ancestor.
Respectfully report that I find from the ad______ of the parties that the advancements to each of parties entitled was made equal or as near so as possible.
I also find that JEREMIAH OSBORNE died leaving surviving heirs eleven children or their issue.
1) Nancy who married William Wood
2 Ruth who married L. Clayton Orr
3) Mary who married Leonard Cagle
4) Rebecca who married Alex McCall (who is now dead leaving surviving four children, all of age.
Viz: S.O. McCall, John _ McCall, Champion McCall and Ann who married William Shipman. And of whom Champion and John have conveyed by deed their interest equal to
1/4 of the One-eleventh to L.S. Gash. S.O. McCall has conveyed his 1/4 of 1/11th to John Osborne.
5) John Osborne
6) Champion Osborne, whose interest I find is conveyed by deed to John Osborne
7) Jessie Osborne, whose interest I find is conveyed the one half to John Osborne and the other one half to Leonard Cagle.
8) Charlotte, who married William Berry, interest I find conveyed to John Osborne
9) Elizabeth, who married Robb Orr, whose interest I find conveyed by deed to Leonard Cagle. I also find that the interest of L. Clayton Orr and wife, Ruth Osborne, is also conveyed by deed to John Osborne.
10) Heirs of James Osborne, deceased, namely Malinda, Sarah, Mary, James, Sylvia and Marvian who are of age and Charlotte and Poesc and four others who are minors.
11) Jane Osborne, who married John Rickman, and has since died leaving surviving William R. Rickman, Sarah Ann, Thomas and Nicholas and Jeremiah, infants under age for whom John Rickman has filed his bond as guardian.
I also find that the whole real estate brought:
Interest to date 195.00
Total Principal & Interest 3195.00
Jeremiah is my 4th great-granduncle.
Anne Blythe Osborn (1771 - 1837)
Mary Ray Osborn (1771 - ____)*
Ruth Osborne Orr (1795 - 1887)*
Mary Osborne Cagle (1797 - 1869)*
Jesse Osborn (1799 - 1894)*
James Osborn (1801 - 1852)*
John Osborne (1803 - 1892)*
Osborn Family Cemetery
North Carolina, USA
Created by: Wayne L. Osborne
Record added: Oct 31, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 60923517