Wife successively of Sir George Trenchard (d. 1610) of Wolverton, Sir John Gage (d. 1633), 1st baronet of Firle, and Sir William Hervey (d. 1660) of Ickworth.
Penelope died testate with a will written August 30, 1656, which was proved July 2, 1661.
She was the mother of four sons and five daughters, all fathered by her second husband:
(1) Sir Thomas Gage, 2nd baronet of Firle (d. 1654).
(2) John Gage, esquire, of Stoneham and St Andrew Holborn (d. 1682-86).
(3) Sir Edward Gage, 1st baronet of Hengrave (d. 1707).
(4) Henry Gage, esquire, of Harleston (d. after 1682).
(5) Frances, wife of (a) Sir William Tresham of Liveden, and (b) George Gage of Rands.
(6) Elizabeth, wife of Sir Francis Petre of Cranham Hall.
(7) Penelope, wife of Henry Merry of Sutton-upon-the-Hill.
(8) Anne, wife of Henry Petre.
(9) Dorothy, unmarried.
Thomas Darcy (1565 - 1640)
Mary Kitson Darcy (1567 - 1644)
William Hervey (1585 - 1660)
John Gage (____ - 1633)*
Thomas Gage (____ - 1654)*
Elizabeth Gage Petre*
Edward Gage (1616 - 1707)*
Elizabeth Darcy Savage (1584 - 1650)*
Penelope Darcy Gage (1593 - 1661)*
Penelope Darcy Hervey (1594 - 1661)
Church of the Reconciliation (Hengrave)
Bury St Edmunds
St Edmundsbury Borough
Created by: Todd Whitesides
Record added: Jan 19, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 83722906