|Birth: ||May 12, 1739|
|Death: ||Dec. 18, 1804|
North Carolina, USA
Thomas Hall, eldest son of James Hall, Sr. and Prudence (Roddy) Hall, was born in Londonderry Twp., Dauphin Co., PA in 1739. In 1752, he came with his parents and their family to North Carolina, where they settled in what is now called Iredell County, in a neighborhood now called Bethany Township, from the church of that name.
He married Elizabeth Sloan (about 1750 - 13 January 1831), daughter of Fergus Sloan (about 1724 - 1812) and Ann Elizabeth Robinson on 20 Feb 1764 with the marriage registered in Rowan county, North Carolina.
Fergus Sloan was one of the first settlers to build a home on land that was afterwards made a part of the town of Statesville, North Carolina.
Thomas Hall settled on a farm about one-half mile west of the site of Bethany Church, later known as the Howard Farm, and built his house several yards west of Ebenezer Academy near a branch. The spring could still be located in 1938.
Thomas and Elizabeth had fourteen (14) known children:
1. Prudence Hall (1764-1851) md. William Stevenson II.
2. James Thomas Hall (1768-1854) md. Rachel Johnston.
3. Elizabeth Hall (1770-1794) md. Dr. James McCorkle.
4. Fergus Hall (1772-1845) md. Mary Bell.
5. Alexander Hall (c. 1773-bef. 1789).
6. Rev. Thomas James Hall (1774-1859) md. Emma Wallis.
7. Margaret Hall (c. 1776-1858) md. James Hill.
8. Mary Hall (c. 1778) md. William Smiley Johnston.
9. Ann Hall (c. 1780) md. Samuel Dickey Johnston.
10. Sarah "Sally" Hall (c. 1783) md. Benjamin Knox.
11. William Davidson Hall (1784-1839) md. Elizabeth Gregg.
12. Hugh McGrady Hall (1786-1838) md. Mary Matilda Crawford.
13. Alexander "Sandy" Hall (1789-1855) md. Margaret Adelaide Sharpe.
14. Robert Sloan Hall (1791-1855) md. Anna King.
Thomas Hall, farmer, as well as three of his brothers, was a soldier in the Revolutionary War.
He died 18 December 1804 at his home. Both he and his wife are buried in the cemetery at Bethany Church.
The History and Genealogy of the Hall family of Iredell County was extensively documented by Mrs. Adams in "Hall Family History" published about 1950.
James Hall (1705 - 1800)
Prudence Roddy Hall (1710 - 1785)
Elizabeth Sloan Hall (1747 - 1831)*
Prudence Hall Stevenson (1764 - 1852)*
Fergus Hall (1772 - 1845)*
William Davidson Hall (1784 - 1839)*
Sarah McLain Hall King (1732 - 1824)*
Alexander Hall (1735 - 1835)*
Mary Hall Archibald (1738 - 1776)*
Thomas Hall (1739 - 1804)
Hugh Hall (1742 - 1817)*
NORTH CAROLINA MILITIA REVOLUTIONARY WAR
Bethany Presbyterian Church Cemetery
North Carolina, USA
Maintained by: John Lisle
Originally Created by: Armantia
Record added: Jan 07, 2006
Find A Grave Memorial# 12924235