|Death: ||Apr. 30, 1692|
Daniel Sr. [Gen]-2 WARNER was the son of Andrew-1 Warner (1595-1684) and his 2) wife Mary Humphrey (1624-1656). Daniel was born between 1632 and 1635 probably in Cambridge, Middlesex Co, Massachusetts where his parents had emigrated to in 1633. However by 1639 the family had moved to Hartford, Hartford Co, Connecticut and this is the town that many researchers tend to initially associate Daniel Sr. with.
Daniel Sr. had seven full-siblings: Isaac, John, Mary, Andrew, Robert, Hannah, and Ruth. He also had one half sibling from his father's second marriage: Jacob WARNER.
Daniel Sr. WARNER married (1st) Mary ----- about 1661 possibly there or at Hadley, Hampshire Co, Massachusetts, or elsewehere. There have been many speculations as to what Mary's maiden name was but NO PROOF has ever been found to substantiate any of these theories. Daniel Sr. & Mary had six children:
1. Mary born 24 Feb 1662, and probably died young but certainly before her younger sister was born ten years after her own birth;
2. Daniel III born in 1666 m. (1st) Mary HUBBARD and (2nd) Thankful BILLINGS;
3. Sarah born in 1667 m. Isaac SHELDON;
4. Andrew Warner (1667-1726) m. (1st) Ruth CLARK and (2nd) the widow Hannah Mrs. STANNARD;
5. Anna 17 Nov 1669-26 Jun 1750 m. Isaac HUBBARD;
6. Mary [named after her elder sister who died young] born 19 Sep 1672 and apparently became Mrs. SHELDON. If that is true then perhaps his name was Samuel SHELDON.
Mrs. Mary WARNER, first wife of Daniel Sr. WARNER died 19 Sep 1672 in Hatfield, Hampshire Co, Massachusetts. Soon afterwards, Daniel Sr. married (2nd) to Martha BOLTWOOD on 1 Apr 1674 at Hatfield, Hampshire Co, Massachusetts. Martha was the daughter of Robert & Mary BOLTWOOD of Northfield, Franklin Co, Massachusetts. Daniel Sr. had ten additional children with Martha:
7. Hannah (1675-1699) m. Samuel INGHRAM
8. John born in Apr 1677 m. Mehitabel CHAPMAN
9. Abraham born 20 Dec 1678
10. Samuel born 13 Apr 1680 m. (1st) Hannah SACKETT and (2nd) Elizabeth MORTON
11. Ebenezer born 5 Nov 1681 m. (1st) Ruth ELY and (2nd) the widow Mary Mrs. BELLOWS
12. Mehitabel born 1 Oct 1683 m. Preserved CLAPP
13. Elizabeth born probably about 1684/85 m. Thomas WELLS
14. Hester [NOT Esther] born 15 Dec 1686 m. Samuel HARVEY
15. Martha born 3 Apr 1688 and died young on 25 Nov 1689
16. Nathaniel born 11 Oct 1690 and perhaps m. ?Thankful TAYLOR.
In 1659 Daniel and his father Andrew Sr. WARNER moved from Hartford, Hartford Co, Connecticut to the new wilderness settlement of Hadley, Hampshire Co, Massachusetts. This new town initially comprised land on both sides of the Connecticut River. In 1670 the land Daniel Sr. WARNER owned became part of the new town of Hatfield. The townspeople quickly tired of the treacherous swiftness of the river at the crossing point for church, commerical, and family gatherings. Thrilling tales were told of their canoes filling with water or of worshipers falling through the ice. This was solved by marking off all of that part of Hadley west of the Connecticut River as the new town of Hatfield.
Perhaps Daniel Sr. and both of his wives are buried at Hatfield's The Hill Cemetery which is one of Hatfield's oldest cemeteries. However, there are no marked graves for either the three of them there. Keep in mind further that the swiftly flowing Connecticut River with its changeable shoreline destroyed several of the early cemeteries in Hatfield.
Biogarphy co-written by treerpgmo and Mary E. Warner referencing as an initial background source:
Warner, Lucien C. and Mrs. Josephine Genung Nichols [compilers]. The Descendants of Andrew Warner. New Haven, Connecticut: The Tuttle, Morehouse & Taylor Company, 1919.
Andrew Warner (1595 - 1684)
Mary Humfrey Warner (1602 - 1656)
Mary Warner (____ - 1672)*
Martha Boltwood Warner (____ - 1710)*
Daniel Warner (1666 - 1754)*
Andrew Warner (1667 - 1726)*
Sarah Warner Sheldon (1667 - ____)*
Anna Warner Hubbard (1669 - 1750)*
Samuel Warner (1680 - 1746)*
Mehetable Warner Clap (1683 - 1767)*
John Warner (1625 - 1700)*
Mary Warner Steele Hills (1626 - ____)*
Andrew Warner (1628 - 1680)*
Robert Warner (1630 - 1690)*
Hannah Warner Pratt (1632 - 1682)*
Daniel Warner (1635 - 1692)
Ruth Warner Kellogg (1641 - ____)*
Isaac Warner (1644 - 1691)*
Jacob Warner (1666 - 1711)**
Body lost or destroyed
Specifically: The Connecticut River washed away several early cemeteries, according to "The History of Hadley," by Sylvester Judd, pub. 1905.
Created by: treerpgmo
Record added: Oct 07, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 59734063