|Birth: ||Jul. 7, 1882|
|Death: ||Oct. 27, 1918|
Jasper was my grandfather, said to be born in AR, in 1883, county unknown,(birth date shown as 7th July) per his death certificate, which information was given by my grandmother, (Mrs. J. H.) Mary "Lurana" (Combs) in 1918. His birth date and the correct year of his birth, plus his middle name comes from his Draft Registry Card of September 1918. He registered in September and had died of the Flu Epidemic by the 27th of October in 1918. Per the 1900 census of Lamar County, TX, his parents were John, b. 1845, AR & Mary Morgan, b. 1855, MO. I suspect Jasper's middle name of Henderson may have been his mother's maiden name? He was the oldest of 4 children born to John & Mary:
1) Jasper Henderson Morgan, [1882,AR - 1918,OK]
2) John Independence Morgan,[1887,AR - 1961, Seminole,OK]
3) Mildred Amanda Morgan Smith Wood, [b. 1890,AR - d.1966] Sand Springs, OK.
4) Thomas, b.1892 in TX, d. young, OK? Jasper's mother, Mary, was listed as having had 11 children with 5 living, but only 4 were listed in 1900. There were several Morgan families listed in 1900 Lamar Co, TX. But am unable to say if/what relation existed between them?
Lurany and Jasper were married the 29th January 1906, Eufaula, OK, called the Western Indian District, almost a year before Oklahoma became a state, they had 4 children that survived to adult-hood:
1) Simon Joel Morgan, 1911-1970
2) Samuel Lafate Morgan, 1913-1967
3) Mrs. Minnie B. Morgan White, 1915-1987
4) Mrs. Lucille L. Morgan Keeton, 1918-1998, all now deceased.
Jasper died of the flu epidemic in 1918, in Muskogee, when my mother was almost 4 years old. Though I've searched for many years, have never found any Morgan connections to his father's family.
Lurany (Combs)Morgan- Vavak (1890 - 1948)
Simon Joel Morgan (1911 - 1970)*
Samuel Lafate Morgan (1913 - 1968)*
Minnie Belle Morgan White (1915 - 1987)*
Lucille L. Morgan Keeton (1918 - 1998)*
Plot: Section 33
Created by: SuzyQ
Record added: Aug 02, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 40183054