|Birth: ||Dec. 17, 1906|
New Mexico, USA
|Death: ||Dec. 31, 1995|
Ellie Claire Skinner was born in Carrizozo, Lincoln County, NM. She was the d/o Lute Archie Skinner (1878-1929) and Ella Corn (1880-1953).
Ellie's paternal grandparents were the Rev. John Henry Skinner (1853-1932) and Pinkie Alice Bourne (c1858-1940). Her maternal grandparents were Willis Woody Corn (1850-1915) and Susanna Wesley Covey (1856-1913).
Ellie Claire married Robert Harvey Awalt on 3 Jan 1925 in Carlsbad, Eddy, NM, s/o George Thomas Awalt and Willie Belle Clayton of Eastland County, TX.
She was an excellent baker and we all miss her delicious pecan pies.
Children of Ellie Claire Skinner and Robert Harvey Awalt:
1. Norma Lee Awalt b 9 Nov 1924 in Eastland, TX and died in 1987 in Midland, TX. She married Cecil Robinson.
2. Barbara Nell Awalt b 1925 in Carlsbad, Eddy, NM and died 1997 in Midland, TX. She married Elza White III.
3. L. A. "Arch" Awalt b 20 Oct 1929 in Carlsbad,Eddy, NM. He moved to California and married 1) Shirley Ann Hazen born in Ponca City, OK , and 2) Mrs. Geraldine Reinhardt born in La Mar, Colorado. He had a career in the petrolium business.
4. Mona Awalt married 1) Larin Coggan and raised three children. She later married 2) Mr. Hale.
5. Jerry Awalt born 11 Sep 1944 in Hobbs, NM and died 6 Jan 2006 in Andrews, TX. He married Connie McDonald and had a petrolium field business.
Lute Archie Skinner (1878 - 1929)
Ella "Ellie" Corn Skinner (1880 - 1953)
Robert Harvey Awalt (1904 - 1989)
Barbara Nell Awalt White (1925 - 1997)*
Norma Lee Awalt Robinson (1927 - 2003)*
L. A. Awalt (1929 - 2010)*
Jerry Awalt (1944 - 2006)*
Resthaven Memorial Park
Created by: Robert Awalt
Record added: Feb 19, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 48366599
Added: Oct. 3, 2011
Added: Mar. 10, 2010