|Birth: ||Apr. 11, 1836|
|Death: ||Jan. 28, 1918|
Alexander is my daughters' 2nd paternal Gr-Grandfather through his son John Julian Armstrong (1871-1938).
The fifth of ten children born to Reverend Thomas and Matilda (Gunter) Armstrong of Johnson Co AR, Alexander married:
1) Mary O Carter on 2 Jan 1859; they divorced aft 1865.
2) Martha Jo Smith abt 1868 in AR; she died 25 Oct 1896.
3) Clara Webb in 1909 in AR; they later separated.
Children with Mary:
1) Matilda Armstrong (b: 1860)
Children with Martha:
1) Marietta Paralee Armstrong (1869-1880)
2) John Julian Armstrong (1871-1938), m: Susan Lenora Barnes.
3) Aly Annie Alverda "Mammy" Armstrong (1876-1971), m: Elansing Lanson Rabjohn.
4) Roscoe Armstrong (b: 1881)
5) Mattie Armstrong (1883-1980), m: Arnold Sledge.
No children with Clara.
Alexander was a Civil War Veteran, serving from 30 Dec 1863 to 30 Jun 1865.
Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System:
Regiment Name: 4th Arkansas Cavalry
Companies: C, E
Soldier's Rank In: Private
Soldier's Rank Out: Commisary Sergeant
Alternate Name: Alexander H. Armstrong
Film Number: M383 roll 1"
1850 Census-Clark Twp Johnson Co AR
1860 Census-Shoal Creek Twp Johnson Co AR
1870 Census-Shoal Creek Twp Johnson Co AR
1880 Census-Eureka Springs Twp Carroll Co AR
1900 Census-Briggsville Yell Co AR
We were so happy and very grateful to P Gatliff for providing a picture of Alexander. The family resemblence to my daughters' father and grandfather, is amazing.
Thomas Armstrong (1798 - 1880)
Matilda Gunter Armstrong (1804 - 1886)
Martha Jo Smith Armstrong (1846 - 1896)
Marietta Paralee Armstrong (1869 - 1880)*
John Julian Armstrong (1871 - 1938)*
Aly Annie Alverda Armstrong Rabjohn (1876 - 1971)*
Mattie Armstrong Sledge (1883 - 1980)*
Created by: Bonnie's Daughter
Record added: Nov 08, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 44104581