|Birth: ||Apr. 26, 1820|
|Death: ||Dec. 25, 1889|
Arrived Eugene, OT, 1852 Wagon Train
Parents: Ref: Frank Tull Manuscripts
George W. Graham
b. abt 1777 Scotland (possibly Ireland or VA)
d. Jan 3, 1844 Ray Co, MO
Eleanor "Allie" Harrison Graham
b. abt 1780, d. aft 1843
Mary Eleanor Brown Obituary
Eugene Register-Guard, Dec 28, 1889
Died-Mrs. Mary E. Brown, wife of John Brown Sr., died in Eugene Wednesday morning, Dec, 25th, 1889. of failure of the heart. The decease was born in Kentucky, April 26, 1820; remove with her parents to Missouri in 1833; was married to John Brown in 1835. With her husband she came to Oregon in 1852 and located in Lane county, where she resided until the time of her death. esteemed and respected by all with whom she came in contact. She bequeaths the example of a noble life as a legacy to the ones left behind. Four daughters, and two sons, and her aged husband survive her. The funeral look place Thursday to the Mulkey Cemetery.
Speculation, there is a chance that Mary Eleanor Brown is buried in the Eugene Pioneer Cemetery, in same plot as her son John D. Brown and his wife, rather than Mulkey Cemetery.
1. State of Oregon, Oregon Public Records show: Graham, Mary Eleanor, spouse Brown, John, d. Dec 25, 1889, b. IOOF (EPC).
2. John D. Brown's Obituary says his:
"body will be sent to Eugene for internment beside the wife and mother.
3. Ella Poindexter Brown, wife of John D. Brown, d. 6/7/1886 & buried EPC.
4. Mary Eleanor Brown, mother of John D. Brown, d. 12/25/1889, three yrs later.
5. Ella Poindexter was the first to be buried in the large 10-capacity cemetery plot, the N 1/2 purchased by J. D. Brown in June of 1886. Note the S 1/2 purchased by Dr. L L. Baker, maybe related to Ella's mother Mary Elvira Baker Poindexter. Also, why wasn't John Brown d. 1894, buried in this large plot instead of Mulkey as his obituary states?
6. The only other close family member to die in Eugene area prior, died some 20 years before Mary Eleanor. I've not been able to locate any records as to where they were buried.
7. At the time of Mary Eleanor's death there are no records of any close family member having been buried in Mulkey Cemetery.
Donation Land Claim, DLC #1653
River Road, North of Beacon Dr, Luckey Ln,
Luper Cemetery. East to Willamette River,
much of present day Thistledown Farm
John Brown (1810 - 1894)*
George B. Brown (1837 - 1852)*
Elizabeth Brown Vallely (1838 - 1858)*
Thomas Brown (1841 - 1917)*
Rosanna Brown Wilcox (1846 - 1891)*
John Daniel Brown (1849 - 1928)*
Sarah Jane Brown Beale (1856 - 1917)*
Berrilla Brown (1859 - 1931)*
Mary Malena Brown Bucknell (1861 - 1931)*
Plot: Unmarked - Probably in Plot 28
Maintained by: Gary Mertz
Originally Created by: Tami K.
Record added: Apr 27, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 36417010