|Birth: ||Apr. 2, 1853|
New York, USA
|Death: ||Dec. 9, 1920|
Theodore was the son of Nathan Bachelor and his wife Emily Van Patten.
Theodore married Mary Melissa Moseley on 10/25/1876 in Tompkins Co., NY.
Theodore and Mary and their children moved from western NY state to live in Petoskey, Emmet, MI.
5 BACHELOR children:
1. Clarence Theodore Bachelor (9/19/1877-9/6/1972) B-Tompkins Co., NY; m. Cora May Vorce on 2/16/1903 in Petoskey, Emmet, MI. Cora (9/5/1882-6/5/1964) was the daughter of Frank Vorce and his wife Emma Hickey. Clarence died in CA. Cora died in Long Beach, CA.
...3 BACHELOR children:
...1. Clarence Frank B-2/2/1909 Petoskey, Emmet, MI; m. Mary Orpha Gibson on 9/8/1934;
...2. Dorman Neville B-3/15/1909 Petoskey, Emmet, MI; m. Ina Martin on 6/8/1941;
...3. Delbert/Adelbert L. B-7/21/1910 Petosky, Emmet, MI; m. Merville Louise (Carter) Ball on 6/30/1936.
2. Roy Bachelor (1886-7/8/1886) born in Petoskey, Emmet, MI. D-Petoskey, Emmet, MI.
3. Burt E. Bachelor(1887-1927) born in Petoskey, Emmet, MI; m. Mae Brehler.
4. Claude Leland Bachelor, born in South Lansing, Tompkins, NY (2/13/1880-10/29/1963), died in Long Beach, Los Angeles, CA. Burial: 11/5/1963, Petoskey, Emmet, MI; m. Myra Alice Carpenter.
5. Edith Bachelor, born in Petoskey, Emmet, MI (9/7/1893-1919); m. Joseph Kretch.
1860 Groton, Tompkins, NY:
Nathan Bachelor M 39 New York
Emily Bachelor F 39 Connecticut
Lodesca Bachelor F 16 New York
Olive Bachelor F 14 New York
Theadore Bachelor M 10 New York
1870 NY: [Bachelor]
Nathan Bachelor M 47 New York
Emily Batchelor F 49 New York
Ladersky Batchelor F 24 New York
Theodore Batchelor M 20 New Yor
1875 Groton, Tompkins, NY:
Nathan K. Bachelor M 54
Wife Emily Bachelor F 54
Son Theodore L. Bachelor M 23
1900 Petoskey, City Ward 1-3, Emmet, MI:
Head Theodore L. Bachelor M 46 New York
Wife Mary M. Bachelor F 43 New York
Son Clarence F. Bachelor M 23 New York
Son Claude L. Bachelor M 20 New York
Son Bertie E. Bachelor M 23 Michigan
Daughter Edith M. Bachelor F 7 Michigan
1910 Petoskey, Ward 4, Emmet, MI
Head Theadore Bachelor M 57 New York
Wife Mary Bachelor F 53 New York
Son Bert Bachelor M 22 Michigan
Son Claude Bachelor M 30 New York
Daughter Edith Bachelor F 16 Michigan
1920 Cannot find.
Rosemary Bachelor, a well-known author and great-granddaughter of Claude Leland Bachelor, has compiled a pictorial history of the Moseley-Bachelor-Johnson-Warner cousins, perhaps in the 1970s.
According to Russell L. Warner, GRS, the Bachelors moved to Petoskey, Emmet, MI from NY state and became commercial fishermen on Lake Michigan.
Russell's father, John C. Warner visited the Bachelors often and found the northern climate beneficial for his many allergies. This in turn led him to purchase property near East Tawas City, MI in about 1918 where for over 50 years the Warner's enjoyed the compansionship of a close-knit family. John's wife, Minnie [Edith] May (Johnson) was a neice to Theodore's wife.
Research: Mary E. Warner, 2011.
Research: Fraya Weiss, 2014.
Mary Melissa Moseley Bachelor (1857 - 1913)*
Clarence T. Bachelor (1877 - 1972)*
Claude Leland Bachelor (1880 - 1963)*
Burt E. Bachelor (1887 - 1927)*
Edith M. Bachelor Kretch (1893 - 1981)*
Created by: Mary E. Warner
Record added: Oct 27, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 79391836