|Birth: ||Mar. 16, 1853|
|Death: ||Apr. 1, 1917|
Daughter of Hartwell Coleman (de la) Fountain (B.1810 Darlington District, SC; D.1886 Washington, TX) and Sarah Ann Lott (B. July 6, 1821 Columbia, Marion, MS; D. May 1,1872 Lampasas, Lampasas, TX)
Wife of William Wester. Brown who is buried at Cryer Creek Cemetery, Cryer Creek, Navarro County, TX.
A number of family members are buried in Oak Hill Cemetery in Lampasas which is where Sarah Ann Lott's first husband:
Col. James Russell Cook's (Republic of Texas Land Grant where this cemetery land is located).
Below input added from Sherry Allcorn (09 Nov 2012):
[Sherry's grandmother was Mabel Hassie Brown (Christian) who is child #6 below]
Elizabeth Lee (Bettie)Fountain (Brown)
Born: March 16, 1853 Mill Creek, Atascosa, TX.
Died: April 1, 1917 Lampasas, Lampasas,TX.
Note: Death certificate states she died of Tuberculosis with contributory illness of Bronchial Asthma,age 64.
She married William Webster Brown,b. 8-18-1853 Lauderdale, MS,d.10-17-1900. They married December 24, 1873.
Elizabeth or Bettie as she liked to be called was descended from the "De La Fontaine" family from Maine France. Also demonstrated by her many fine art sketches. She also ran a boarding house at some time. Her family was part of the French "Huguenots".
Elizabeth and William had 11 children, some died young. I am her great granddaughter. Children of Elizabeth Lee Fountain Brown (Bettie) and William Webster Brown were: (11 children all together)
1. Sarah (Sallie) Mason Brown: b.10-10-1874 d.1-18-1958 Lampasas TX Hosp. 83 yrs. Buried Oak Hill Cemetery (never married)
2. George Hartwell Brown: b.7-6-1876 d. 8-24-1928 (fell in geyser at Yellowstone National Park and died hours later)Buried Oak Hill Cemetery. Married Mary Zeta Fulton 12-24-1900 (Grandma Mabel Hassie Brown (Christian) called her sister Mary and was very fond of her)
3. Fannie Ella Brown (died young, 1 1/2 years)
4. Coleman Fountain Brown: b.11-25-1879 d.9-30-1886 (Almost 7 yrs.)
5. Royal Lott Brown (died young, 1 year)
6. Mabel Hassie Brown (Christian): b. 4-25-1884 Lometa, TX d. 3-8-1958 Ft. Worth, TX Buried Moore Cemetery Arlington, TX (Married Earl Christian b. 1-18-1882 d. 11-12-1959 Ft. Worth, TX married 1-21-1906 Lometa, Lampasas Co., TX)
7. Wallis Reeves Brown: b.1-24-1886 Lampasas, TX d.10-11-1972 in Beeville, Bee, TX Married Emma Hale in 1909
8. Josie Eva Brown (died young, 8 yrs. fell into pot of lie soap)
9. Willie Zetta Brown: b.7-15-1892 d.5-18-1953 Buried Oak Hill Cemetery, Lampasas, TX 61 years(never married)
10. James Henry Brown (Jim): b. 2-25-1890 d.1-31-1981 91yrs, Buried Montana, Lodge Grass. Married Lola Frances McCreary(sp?)married 12-29-1912 Dalhart, TX
11. Lilly Exa Brown: b.June 20 1895 d.1-20-1972 77 yrs. Oak Hill Cemetery (never married a story about this)
This information given by my mother Madeline Joann Christian (Windom) Sherry Windom (Allcorn) 11-10-2012
Hartwell Coleman Fountain (1810 - 1886)
William Webster Brown (1853 - 1900)
Sallie Mason Brown (1874 - 1958)*
Willie Zetta Brown (1892 - 1953)*
Lillie Exa Brown (1895 - 1972)*
William Henry Fountain (1850 - 1929)*
Elizabeth Lee Fountain Brown (1853 - 1917)
Oak Hill Cemetery
Plot: Lot: 18 Block: 5 Site: 9
Maintained by: Lynda Lehmann-French
Originally Created by: Kathy Adams
Record added: Mar 23, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 50122558