|Birth: ||Feb. 11, 1853|
|Death: ||Dec. 30, 1934|
Levi Newton Cochran, Sr. was born in 1853 in the newly formed Caldwell Cty when it split from Gonzales Cty in 1848.
He married Maggie Brown from Arkansas on 01 Feb, 1877 in Bastrop, Bastrop Cty, Texas. His parent's were Martin Baty Cochran and Isabella Elizabeth West,a certified "First Texas Family" of the Republic Of Texas by the Texas Genealogical Society on 13 April, 2009. Also his parents, Martin and Isabella were certified by the Son's Of The Republic of Texas, as "Citizen's Of The Republic of Texas" on 10 Aug, 2010.
This memorial and their biography's along with certified TxSGS application will be kept at the University Of Texas, History Dept for viewing by researcher's of the founding families of Texas. i.e. Cochran's a founding Texas family. Submitted by Terry Lee Cochran, gg Grandson.
Maggie's parents were James Brown and Margaret Neill who lived in Caldwell Cty near Prairie Lea, Tx.
Levi is buried in The Century Old Wimberley Cemetery, Hays County Texas, near the graves of his mother Isabella Elizabeth West Cochran; daughter, Ethel Touay "Cochran" Henderson'; daughter, Eula Lee "Cochran" Hunt; and daughter, Julia Elizabeth "Cochran" Hacker . His wife Margaret (Maggie) Brown Cochran died on 12 Apr 1903 and is buried in an "unmarked" grave in the Prairie Lea Cemetery, Prairie Lea,Texas. His son Orashio Sidney Cochran is buried in an "unmarked grave" near the grave of Levi, as identified by his family. Levi was also the father of Levi Newton Cochran Jr. of San Marcos, Hays County, Texas.
His daughter was Annie B. Cochran Autry married to Walter Taylor Autry. Walter Taylor Autry is a 2nd cousin to Orvon Gene Autry.
On the 1930 Comal County Texas Census, Levi was living with his daughter, Eula Lee "Cochran" Hunt and her husband Warren Hunt.
by Terry L. Cochran, great-grandson
Children of Levi Newton COCHRAN and Maggie BROWN are:
1. Mary "Kitty" Bell COCHRAN was born Oct 1879 in Winters, Runnels Cty, Texas.
2. Eula Lee "COCHRAN" Hunt was born 27 Aug 1881 in Wimberly, Hays, Texas,and died 16 Dec 1962 in, Hays, Texas.
She is buried in the Century Old Wimberley Texas Cemetery.
3. Julia Elizabeth "COCHRAN" Hacker was born Aug 1883 in Winters, Runnels Cty, Texas, and died 24 Apr 1924. She is buried in the Century Old Wimberley Texas Cemetery.
4. James Hezckiah "Hez" COCHRAN was born 5 Nov 1885 in Ballinger, Runnels Cty,Texas, and died 22 Jul 1970 in San Marcos, Hays, Texas.
5. Ethel Tovy "COCHRAN" Henderson was born 22 Jan 1887 in Wimberley, Hays Cty, Texas, and died 10 Nov 1988 in San Antonio, Bexar, Texas. She is buried in the Century Old Wimberley Texas Cemetery.
6. John Martin COCHRAN was born 29 Feb 1888, and died 18 Feb 1985. He is buried in the Century Old Wimberley Texas Cemetery.
7. Levi Newton "Dib" COCHRAN was born 27 Mar 1890 in Buda, Hays Cty,Texas, and died 2 Apr 1975 in San Marcos, Hays Cty, Texas.
8. Bertha Arbana "COCHRAN" Damron was born 25 May 1892 in Winters, Runnels Cty, Texas, and died 9 Dec 1970.
9. Annie Bee "COCHRAN" Autry was born 27 Apr 1894 in Winters, Runnels Cty, Texas, and died 4 Nov 1968 in San Antonio, Bexar, Texas.
10. Orashio Sidney "O.S." COCHRAN was born 30 Mar 1900 in Wimberley, Hays Cty,Texas, and died 25 Nov 1926 in Wimberley. Hays Cty. Texas. He is buried in the Century Old Wimberley Texas Cemetery in a "unmarked" grave.
Levi's sister Laura Agnes COCHRAN Henson was born 15 Jul 1857 in Lockhart, Caldwell, Texas, USA, and died 22 Dec 1935 in San Marcos, Hays, Texas, USA. She is buried in the Century Old Wimberley Cemetery, Wimberley, Texas near her mother, Isabella's grave.
As of 1/7/2011 Levi has six living grandchildren (Ted, Coleen, Audrey, Walter, Robert, and Sidney)
A Cochran Family Memorial.. picture of William Burrel Cochran, a grandson of Levi Newton Cochran, Sr, and grandson of Andrew Jackson Wimberley. Also a great grandson of Pleasant Wimberley. Picture is at the "unmarked headstone" of his grandfather, Levi Newton Cochran at the Century Old Wimberley Cemetery. Other living grandchildren are: Marvin "Ted" Henderson, his sisters Colleen & Audrey, Robert Autry, Sidney Autry, and Walter Taylor Autry. The grave has been identified by Marvin "Ted" Henderson, a WWII Hero of the Normandy Invasion and The Battle Of The Bulge. He attended his grandfather's funeral & burial with his parents, Clarence Henderson and Ethel Touay "Cochran" Henderson, who is Levi's daughter. The family maintained the grave location and now Clarence & Ethel are buried about ten foot away. William Burrel Cochran passed away on 12 June 2010 and his last wish was that his grandfather have a "named" marker. On 28 April, 2011, a memorial headstone for Levi was set at the foot of his mother, Isabella's grave.
A family headstone dedication for Levi's father, Corp Martin Baty Cochran was held on 4 Dec 2010 at the Truitt Cemetery in Winters, Runnels Cty Texas by the Runnels Cty Historical Commission, The Son's Of The Republic of Texas, The Daughter's Of Confederate Veteran's and documented by newspaper article's in Winters, Ballinger, and Abilene, Texas..
(bio by: Terry Lee Cochran )
Martin Baty Cochran (1831 - 1907)
Isabella Elizabeth West Cochran (1831 - 1904)
Margaret Brown Cochran (1858 - 1903)
James Hezekiah Cochran (1885 - 1970)*
John Martin Cochran (1888 - 1985)*
Levi Newton Cochran (1890 - 1975)*
Annie Bee Cochran Autry (1894 - 1968)*
Ethel Touay Cochran Henderson (1897 - 1988)*
Orashio Sidney Cochran (1899 - 1926)*
Levi Newton Cochran (1853 - 1934)
James Samuel Cochran (1861 - 1942)*
Martin Baty Cochran (1866 - 1932)*
John West Cochran (1872 - 1929)*
To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die
Note: Husband of Maggie "Brown" Cochran who is buried in an unmarked grave along with their son, Orashio Sidney Cochran in the Wimberley Cemetery near his grave marker.
Plot: Levi is buried in the Cochran Section 6, Near his mother Isabella E. West Cochran and daughter Eula Lee Cochran Hunt.
Created by: Terry Lee Cochran
Record added: Dec 24, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 32384230
Flowers for my Grandmother Ethel T. Henderson. You were the best grannie that I ever had and so much fun to be with. You will always be in my heart.|
Added: Jun. 18, 2013
Flowers for my Grandmother Ethyle Henderson. You were the best grannie that I ever had and so much fun to be with. You will always be in my heart.|
Added: Jun. 18, 2013
To my grandfather, may you rest in peace.|
William Burl Cochran
Added: Jun. 26, 2009
|There are 2 more notes not showing...|
Click here to view all notes...