|Birth: ||Aug. 3, 1689|
|Death: ||Apr. 27, 1750|
Joseph Hatch, s. of Joseph Hatch, Sr. & Amy Allen, b. at Falmouth, Mass. Aug. 3, 1689 where he d. Apr. 27, 1750, Æ 62. He was twice married, raising his first family at Tolland, Conn. and his second family at Falmouth, Mass.
Joseph m. 1) Marcy Delano Jan. 13, 1712/3 at Tolland, Conn., dau. of Capt. Jonathan Delano & Mercy Warren. She was b. at Dartmouth, Mass. Oct. 27, 1686 and d. at Tolland, Conn. June 18, 1733, Æ 46.
Joseph m. 2) on May 16, 1734 at Barnstable, Mass. (by Rev. Russell of the West Barnstable Chh.) Rebecca Lothrop, wid. of Joseph Lothrop and dau. of Daniel Parker, Esq. and Mary Lumbert of Barnstable. She was b. at Barnstable Apr. 1, 1698. She survived her second husband and m. 3) Deac. Josiah Perkins of Plympton, Mass. where she d. July 30, 1785, Æ 88.
The children of Capt. Joseph Hatch, Jr. and wife Marcy Delano b. at Tolland, Conn. are:
• i. Amy Hatch, b. Oct. 10, 1713, d. at Tolland, Conn. Aug. 8, 1756, Æ 46; m. at Tolland July 8, 1730 as his 1st wife, Amasa West, s. of Deac. Francis West & Mercy Minor, bapt. at Stonington, Conn. Mar. 27, 1704.
• ii. Joseph Hatch, 3rd, b. Sept. 12, 1715, d. at Tolland, Conn. Feb. 23, 1773, Æ 53; m. at Tolland Mar. 10, 1740/1, Mary Clark of Lebanon, Conn., dau. of William Clark & Bethiah Williams, b. at Lebanon Aug. 9, 1720. She d. at Tolland Apr. 30, 1810, Æ 90.
• iii. Marcy Hatch, b. Aug. 23, 1717, d. at Falmouth, Mass. Sept. 25, 1771, Æ 55; m. Samuel Shiverick at Falmouth Nov. 5, 1741, who d. at Falmouth Oct. 7, 1771, Æ 55.
• iv. Jonathan Hatch, b. Sept. 29, 1718, d. at Tolland, Conn. Feb. 5, 1741/2, Æ 24; m. at Tolland Sept. 1, 1740, Thankful Hinckley, dau. of Ichabod Hinckley & Mary Bassett, b. at Barnstable, Mass. Dec. 2, 1722. She m. 2) by late 1745 George Nye.
• v. An unnamed infant Hatch, b. Aug. 20, 1721 and d. Aug. 23, 1721.
• vi. An unnamed infant Hatch, b. Aug. 8, 1722 and d. Aug. 13, 1722.
• vii. Alice Hatch, b. circa 1724, d. at Willington, Conn. Feb. 25, 1769; m. as his first wife Jonathan Case at Tolland, Conn. Apr. 30, 1742, b. at Windham, Conn. May 16, 1718. He d. at Willington July 15, 1796, Æ 79.
• viii. Lois Hatch, b. circa 1727, d. at Lee, Mass. July 28, 1812; m. Jan. 18, 1753 at Falmouth, Mass., Joseph Handy, who d. at Lee, Mass. betw. 1800 and 1810.
The children of Capt. Joseph Hatch, Jr. and wife Rebecca Parker b. of record at Falmouth, Mass and Tolland, Conn. are:
• ix. Lemuel Hatch, b. Feb. 28, 1734/5 at Falmouth, Mass., d. circa 1828 at Grand Isles, VT; m. at Falmouth, Mass. Nov. 17, 1754, Temperance Hatch, dau. of Edward Hatch & Abiah Davis, b. at Falmouth June 15, 1736. She d. betw. 1800-1805 poss. at Ferrisburg, VT.
• x. Rebecca Hatch, b. June 8, 1737 at Falmouth, Mass. and d. an infant Sept. 14, 1737.
• xi. Capt. Ebenezer Hatch, b. Apr. 21, 1740 at Tolland, Conn., d. circa 1840 at Duanesburg, NY; m. Elizabeth Hatch (poss. dau. of Barnabas of Kent, Conn.) before 1768 and initially resided at Sharon, Conn. where seven children are recorded. His wife d. at Sharon Apr. 2, 1791, Æ 47. Ebenezer may have married a second wife and had additional children, but the information is sketchy and problematic.
• xii. Timothy Hatch, b. Aug. 14, 1741 at Tolland, Conn.; no further definitive record.
Joseph Hatch (____ - 1735)
Rebecca Parker Perkins (1697 - 1785)*
Marcy Delano Hatch (1686 - 1733)*
In Memory of
Capt Joseph Hatch
died April ye 27
1750 in ye 62
year of his Age
On the day Joseph died he was 61 years old, and Ætatis (i.e., Æ, "Aged," in the XX year of his age) 62.
Note: Plot No. 7-K-1
Falmouth Old Burying Ground
Maintained by: Don Blauvelt
Originally Created by: Tom Cummings
Record added: Oct 18, 2001
Find A Grave Memorial# 5854758
My 7th greatgrandfather. Thanks for the photo!|
Added: Nov. 11, 2011
Added: Aug. 14, 2011
Joseph Hatch was born: 3 Aug 1689 in Falmouth, MAMarried: Mary/Mercy DeLano abt 1712Fa: Joseph Hatch, Mo: Amy Allen|
Added: Apr. 24, 2007