|Birth: ||Feb. 6, 1863|
|Death: ||Oct. 9, 1946|
Agnes was born in the tiny village of Brollin near Pasewalk on the northern German-Polish border. She was the youngest of five children of Charlotte Justine Louise Christine(Augusta) Zulke and Wilhelm Augustus(August) Neumuth. Her siblings were:
(1) Carl Ferdinand(Ferdinand)b. Gramzow, 24 June 1852-01 July 1913(buried in Lakewood Cem. Minneapolis, Minn.)
(2) Auguste Louise b. Rollwitz, 29 Oct. 1855-04 Nov. 1939.
(3) Anna Hermine b. Ferdinandshof, 01 June 1858-14 Dec. 1953.
(4) Elisabeth Wilhelmine b. Ferdinandshof, 19 Nov. 1860-13 June 1949.
Her family worked as farm laborers in the area and her father specialized in flower raising.
Her mother's brother and family left Prussia for America in 1854 and settled in Wisconsin and then Iowa and the Neumuth family followed in 1868 on the Bremen bark "Atalanta". They arrived in New York on 26 May 1868 and proceeded to travel to Chicago and from there to Mitchell Co., Iowa, near Riceville. The family farmed in Douglas and Jenkins townships.
Agnes married Frank Alton Babcock b. 06 May 1853( who worked on their farm), on 30 Aug. 1880, at Osage, Iowa. They lived in Iowa, Minneapolis, Minn., Wisconsin, and Pennington, Wall Co. S. Dakota. They had at least seven children:
(1) William Walter b. 01 July 1881-09 Aug. 1960
(2) George b. 10 Aug. 1883-19 Aug. 1885
(3) Cora Mae b. 29 Jan. 1885-22 Aug. 1959
(4) Clara Bell b. 23 Sept. 1887-26 Apr. 1960
(5) Fred Leslie b. 09 Apr. 1890-25 Aug. 1950
(6) Harry Alton b. 14 Feb. 1892-15 Jan. 1979
(7) Arthur Eugene b. 11 Dec. 1894-01 Feb. 1979
After her husband Frank died in 1923, Agnes lived for a time with her children in Indiana, Minnesota and Salem, Oregon. She was living with daughter Clara Belle Lehn in Salem, at her death in 1946.
August Neumuth (1828 - 1913)
Auguste Louisa Christina Zulke Neumuth (1826 - 1910)
Frank Alton Babcock (1853 - 1923)
Ferdinand Carl Neumuth (1852 - 1913)*
Augusta Neumuth Zilk (1855 - 1939)*
Anna Hermine Neumuth Vohs (1858 - 1953)*
Elizabeth Wilhelmina Neumuth Bathen (1860 - 1949)*
Agnes Maria Marta Neumuth Babcock (1863 - 1946)
South Dakota, USA
Maintained by: Patricia Tiram
Originally Created by: Ellen Bishop
Record added: Sep 28, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 59351987
I have known you only through family photos and stories but I will never forget you|
Added: Jul. 11, 2013