|Learn about sponsoring this memorial...|
West Yorkshire, England
On April 20, 1720, Walter Allen deposed that he was 77 years old, and that he came to New England "The year that King Charles the Second was restored to the throne of England", which was 1660.
Thus he was born about 1643.
He was married twice.
1. Walter married Elizabeth (maiden name unknown)
Their children may have been:
1. James Allen, b. 1674 at Kittery, Me. m. Dorothy Barsham
2. Elisha Allen, b. Between 1674 and 1683; m. Elizabeth Beal. He was a ferryman to the Isles of Shoals and was lost at sea in 1724.
3. Abigail Allen, b. Circa 1680 m. Jonathan Stimpson
4. Samuel Allen, b. Circa 1682 m. Jane Cook
5. Joseph Allen, b. Circa 1684 at Berwick m. Elizabeth
6. Thomas Allen, b. Between 1886 ad 1692; m. Mary Couch; m. Elizabeth Tucker
7. John Allen, b. Between 1688 and 1697; m. Elizabeth Thompson; m. Elizabeth Shears
Page 63 of the Genealogical Dictionary of Maine and New Hampshire, by Noyes, Libby and Davis, states first wife of Walter Allen was probably Elizabeth Allen insulted by Thomas Newberry in 1671, and a Berwick witness in 1676.
2. Walter married Mary Holmes, daughter of Thomas Holmes and Joan Freethy, at Kittery , York County, Maine before 1694.
There were no known children from this marriage.
Mary Holmes Allen (1650 - 1743)*
James Allen (1671 - 1734)*
Created by: Michael Duffy
Record added: Dec 17, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 102298709
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service