|Birth: ||Feb. 3, 1888|
|Death: ||May 4, 1968|
IDA MARTIN DIXON 1888-1968
Mrs. Ida Anderson
Blackshear -- Mrs. Ida Dixon Anderson, 80, of Rt. 2 died Saturday in the Pierce County Hospital following a long illness.
A native of Berrien County, she had lived in Pierce County for most of her life. She was a member of the Enom Primitive Baptist Church.
Survivors are three daughters, Mrs. L.D. Ellington and Mrs. John J. Griner, both of Blackshear, and Mrs. Elmer Box of Brunswick; three sons, Alton Dixon of Blackshear and Elzie and S.L. Dixon, both of Jacksonville, Fla.; one sister, Mrs. Mattie Powell of Greenville, Fla.; 31 grandchildren, 32 great grandchildren and one great, great grandchild.
Funeral services will be held at 3 p.m. today from the Enom Primitive Baptist Church.
Clough-Pearson Funeral Home of Blackshear is in charge.
ANDERSON, Mrs. Ida Dixon
Blackshear - Funeral services for Mrs. Anderson will be held 3 o'clock Monday afternoon from the Enom Primitive Baptist Church with the Elder Elton Dowling officiating. Interment will be in the church cemetery. Grandsons will serve as pallbearers. Mrs. Anderson's body will remain at the home of her daughter, Mrs. John Griner of Rt. 2, Blackshear, until time for the services.
Ida Viola Martin was born 3 Feb 1888, the last of ten children born to William Columbus and Isabelle Peters Martin. Ida was only twelve years old when her father, W.C. Martin, died. He had been the Clerk at Cat Creek Primitive Baptist Church, where Ida was raised in the Baptist tradition.
When Ida was 14 years old, she met and fell in love with Silas Lester Dixon. They were married after a short courtship, exchanging their vows on November 12th, 1903 at her mother's house. A supper and reception was sponsored by her oldest sisters, Mrs. Mary Adeline Fletcher, Mrs. Letha Fountain and Mrs. Caroline Ratliff.
Silas Lester Dixon, a native of Blackshear, was the son of Nathan A. Dixon, Sr. and Rebecca (Becky) Smith. S.L. Dixon was born April 19, 1881 and died September 5, 1927, at age 46. He was buried at Enom Cemetery, Pierce County, Ga. Ida remarried to James William (Sam) Anderson on January 26, 1946, the son of Clayton and Mary Hogarth Anderson. He died March 20, 1972 and is buried at Shiloh Cemetery, Pierce Co., Ga.
Children of Silas and Ida Martin Dixon:
1. ALTON PARKER DIXON, b. August 30, 1904, d. August 15, 1986. Bur. Shiloh Cemetery, Pierce Co., Ga.
2. RUTH DIXON ELLINGTON, b. August 1, 1906, d. September 29, 1998. Bur. Greenlawn Mausoleum, Ware Co., Ga.
3. ISABELLE DIXON PROCTOR, b. January 8, 1909, d. August 24, 1944.
4. JOSEPH GRADY DIXON, b. July 2, 1911, d. November 22, 1963. Bur. Enom Cemetery, Pierce Co., Ga.
5. GRACE INELL DIXON GRINER, b. August 21, 1914, d. December 1, 2002. Bur. Patterson Cemetery, Patterson, Ga.
6. WILLIAM COLUMBUS DIXON, b. August 15, 1916, d. June 30, 1917. Bur. Enom Cemetery, Pierce Co., Ga.
7. IDA LEE DIXON GAILEY BOX, b. May 31, 1920, d. August 7, 2013.
8. ELZIE DIXON, b. May 12, 1923, d. August 6, 1996. Bur. Oaklawn Cemetery, Jacksonville, Fla.
10. SILAS LESTER DIXON, JR., b. May 15, 1927, d. June 8, 1973. Bur. Enom Cemetery, Pierce Co., Ga.
William Columbus Martin (1847 - 1900)
Isabella Peters Martin (1845 - 1929)
Silas L. Dixon (1881 - 1927)
Alton Parker Dixon (1904 - 1986)*
Ruth Dixon Ellington (1906 - 1998)*
Isabell D. Proctor (1908 - 1944)*
Joseph G. Dixon (1911 - 1963)*
Ida Lee Dixon Box (1920 - 2013)*
Maintained by: Epictetus
Originally Created by: Robert Strickland
Record added: Mar 14, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 66935373
Be Thou At Peace.|
Added: Jun. 1, 2013