|Birth: ||Aug. 10, 1859|
|Death: ||Jan. 16, 1936|
Charlie Whiteman Norman was the 4th child of Rev. Jesse Franklin Norman and Margaret Eliza Dillard Norman. In many records, his middle name is spelled "Whitman." He married Nancy Penelope Grimes (1867-1938). They made their home in New Albany, MS. They had nine children:
1. Lonnie Norman b 11 Dec 1886 d 9 Jan 1948 m Edda Bertha Dickerson
2. Jesse Almarine Norman b 3 Jul 1890 d Nov 1938 m Clara Mae Hollinsworth
3. Myrtie Norman b 12 Dec 1893 d 8 Dec 1973 at Mobile, AL, m N.L. Vaughn, buried Lakewood Memorial Park, Jackson, MS, no children
4. Willie Lee "Jack" Norman b 19 (or 9) Mar 1896 d 19 Jan 1978 m Annie Bell Woodruff
5. Laura Norman b 20 Sep 1898 d 29 Apr 1989 m Stanley Hamric
6. Charles Mose Norman b 4 Oct 1900 d 27 Sep 1972 m (1) Mary Electra Norman (maiden name also Norman)
7. Elsie Loraine Norman b 28 Nov 1903. This might be same as Loraine E. Norman b 20 Nov 1903 d Jan 1995*
8. Bessie Louise Norman b 9 Jun 1906 d 24 Jan 1987, buried Lakewood Memorial Park, Jackson, MS
9. Evelyn Norman Hamric (perhaps born Nancy Evelyn Norman) b 28 Jun 1910 d 13 Sep 1993 Hinds Co., MS*, m Wiliam Carl Hamric, no children. William Carl Hamric was the brother of Stanley Hamric, above.
The Astons, Rhodes and Normans with the related familes of Hollands, Langstons and Porters by Margarett Norman, 1990, self-published.
*For dates after 1990, SS death index.
Printed in the Times Post, Houston, Mississippi dated January 23 1936
In the Houlka section of the newspaper:
Mr. C W Norman Dies
One of Houlka's most prominent citizens, Mr. C W Norman, passed away last Thursday, following an illness of several weeks.
Mr. Norman, from early life a member of the Methodist Church, was held in the highest esteem. For many years he had been a resident of Houston. He was seventy-six years old and for the past few years had been in failing health.
Funeral services were held in the Methodist Church Friday afternoon with Rev. E M Shaw in charge, assisted by Rev. B F Bullard, of Sturgis, and Rev. G H Boyles, of Houston. Interment followed in the Wesley Chapel cemetery. A wealth of beautiful floral offerings were a silent tribute from his many relatives and friends.
Surviving are nine children, Mrs. Myrtie Vaughn, of Mobile; Mrs. Stanley Hamric, of Weir; Misses Loraine, Bess, and Evelyn of Houlka; Messrs. Lonnie Norman of West Point; Willie, of New Albany; Jess, of Ellzey; and Charlie Norman of Norfolk, Va. In addition to these children are a large number of grandchildren and other relatives.
To all of the bereaved ones we extend our heartfelt sympathy.
Jesse Franklin Norman (1825 - 1892)
Margaret Eliza Dillard Norman (1834 - 1890)
Nancy Penelope Grimes Norman (1867 - 1930)*
Jess A. Norman (1889 - 1938)*
Willie L Norman (1896 - 1978)*
Loura N. norman Hamric (1898 - 1989)*
Charles Mose Norman (1901 - 1972)*
Bessie Norman (1906 - 1987)*
Erastus Lester Norman (1855 - 1940)*
Oscar Paul Norman (1857 - 1951)**
Charlie Whiteman Norman (1859 - 1936)
James Osgood Norman (1869 - 1904)**
Note: Charlie W. Norman's mother was Margaret Eliza Dillard b 6 Feb 1834, d 9 Jan 1890
Wesley Chapel Cemetery
Maintained by: R Strickland
Originally Created by: Barbara Wiley Hamby
Record added: Oct 05, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 59652223